Group Buy from US (4Crawler Off Road)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Group Buy from US (4Crawler Off Road)

I am going to order some rear spring spacers from Roger Brown in the US. If anyone else wants some of these or body lift kits (no really big items please) then I am happy to order at the same time and fairly split shipping/import costs (depending on weight/quantity etc).

The site is:
    http://www.4crawler.com/4x4/ForSale/ProductLine.shtml

It looks like he is away until 31 May so I will be placing my order then.

Please only post here if you have looked at his site, know exactly what you want and are willing to pay for it. No "maybe's", "unsure" or "might want..." etc.

Go here for currency conversion:
    http://www.xe.com/ucc/
    but remember you potentially pay around +10% import duty and 17.5% vat too so although $110 for spring spacers = around £60 they could be more like £80 when they get here (and thats without even including shipping costs).

See here for a post about the spring spacers:
    http://www.yotasurf-online.co.uk/pub...3&page=1&pp=10

THE PROPOSED ORDER SO FAR:

2" spring spacers:
    ----------------
    codlord x1
    paulc x1
    Last edited by codlord; 23 May 2005, 12:50.
    No longer a Surf owner.

Hi Codlord,

Can you put me down for a set of the rear spring spacers as well.

Cheers,

Paul

Comment

You may get away without paying the import duty and VAT. I bought $200 of stuff off Roger recently and was not charged.

Nevillef

Comment

Originally posted by laser_jock@work
        You may get away without paying the import duty and VAT. I bought $200 of stuff off Roger recently and was not charged.

Nevillef
        he usually under quotes the value on the paperwork... i paid a little bit but not a lot...

when you contact him, ask if he does the spacers for 3rd gen?... save everyone bombarding his email!...

cheers!
        nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

O.k. I will order the 2 sets of spacers tomorrow.

Update - I have now sent an order request but it now says on their site they are closed until the 6th May (I am assuming they actually mean the 6th June though).
          Last edited by codlord; 1 June 2005, 11:29.
          No longer a Surf owner.

Comment

Paul,

Just got a reply from Roger:

"Once I get my next order of spacers in-house, I can get a shipping weight and costs for you."

Not sure how long that will be (I was kind-of hoping I would have these before my next Toms Farm trip in a couple of weeks but does not look like it), but I will keep you informed.
            No longer a Surf owner.

Comment

Paul,

Contacted Roger again today and he said he should have them in "hopefully today" as he had one set today but was expecting 4 sets. I will keep you informed assuming you still want them.

Simon
              No longer a Surf owner.

Comment

Thanks Simon, yes still want them, only just saw the posts. Cheers.

Comment

He has just emailed me to say they are in now so I have placed the order and paid for shipping via airmail which should be 4-10 days. If you PM me your address I can get them sent to you when I get them.
                  No longer a Surf owner.

Comment

any idea on 3rd gen?

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
                      any idea on 3rd gen?
                      Dunno, no spacers listed on his site for 3rd gen, maybe worth emailing him?
                      No longer a Surf owner.

Comment

Originally posted by codlord
                        Dunno, no spacers listed on his site for 3rd gen, maybe worth emailing him?
                        um... ok... thought you had?... i'll ask then.

Comment

3rd gen

any one interested in 3rd gen 2" spacers?... i'll leave it a week to get some names and email him.... let me know any interest?

Comment

o.k. I have the spacers now - Paul: I will PM you with details etc.

For anyone else who is interested the total cost of 2 pairs of spacers including airmail (4-10 day) shipping with insurance and all US/UK taxes/fees was £178.50 which equals £89.25 per pair.
                            No longer a Surf owner.

Comment

Working...
                            X