Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hello

hello everyone
    i am a new surf owner had about 2 weeks now its a 2.4 td k reg jap import and it is a cracking motor well pleased with it i have got two kids and two greyhound cross dogs and everyone fits in a treat.
    I am glad i looked on here coz i was going to spend a fiver on a ball bearing and some pictures from that geezer on ebay that fiver can go towards some spot lights now (if the wife will let me DOH!)
    aunts used to come up to me at weddings, poking me and telling me "You're next."They stopped after I started doing the same thing to them at funerals!

Welcome Rich,

Watch out once the wife gets used to driving the beast, then you won't get a look in !!!!

Now when will we see pics ? - HOPE it's MUDDY !!!!

Trev
    Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

yeah you aint wrong there she uses it more than i do heaven forbid i should get hold of HER surf!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      I am affraid the surf is spotless and at the mo i dont own a digital camera yes i am the ONLY one who aint got one, but i am on the case so it shouldn't be too long
      aunts used to come up to me at weddings, poking me and telling me "You're next."They stopped after I started doing the same thing to them at funerals!

Comment

Originally posted by rich1
        yeah you aint wrong there she uses it more than i do heaven forbid i should get hold of HER surf!!!!!!!!!!!!!
        I am affraid the surf is spotless and at the mo i dont own a digital camera yes i am the ONLY one who aint got one, but i am on the case so it shouldn't be too long
        We have a cure for that - bring it along to one of our trips, you can have 3 jobs done at once

1) It will be muddy (if the missus is driving she will have a mile wide grin
        2) One of us will have a camera so we can take pics of her pride and joy
        3) you can deal the dreaded pendulem mounted fog light (you know the one, it hangs there waiting to be knocked off !!)

Trev

Comment

i know stupid place to put a fog light.
          my missus struggles with kerbs let alone 3ft of mud!!!!!!!!!
          OUCH please dont hit me there jo!!!

Comment

Here's an example of all 3

Trev

Comment

oh my god!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
              how long did it take you to get that clean again or did you not bother let the rain do it??

Comment

oh my god!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                how long did it take you to get that clean again or did you not bother let the rain do it??
                did you say muddy

this took 2.5 hours to get "reasonable" and the rad is still a bit blocked up...

one more thing - once its muddy you will never have a clean Surf again cos it runs out the bumper joins for ages whenever it rains

ENJOY!
                Attached Files
                Tim
                Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

blimey that is muddy dont think i will put any pics on here of my clean one you old boys will laugh me out the place

Comment

blimey that is muddy dont think i will put any pics on here of my clean one you old boys will laugh me out the place
                    dont be afriad
                    hope were are of some help to you... not sure what that might be mind

Who said we're all old
                    Attached Files
                    Tim
                    Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Don't worry Rich,

Just come and join us next time we go to the plains, we know a few tiddly little puddles

and I don't mean like below

Trev
                      Last edited by That Ruddy Squirrel; 21 May 2005, 20:23. Reason: added example !!!!

Comment

i am sure you will be able to help out with some questions when i have had the old girl a bit longer thanks dirty dog and the "you old boys" comment sorry its just farming talk here i used to be called old boy when i was 18 by my boss along with many other things as you could imagine.
                        it looks like you are driving through a blooming lake there trev wouldn't it stop the engine did you make it out the other side?????

Comment

Yep sure did,

And that's the shallow side of that particular pond !!!

Trev

Comment

your bonkers man does it come through the doors or are they well sealed.
                            i remember washing around the engine bay of a pug 406 i had !!!!!! thing didn't run for a day in the summer with the bonnet up so it could dry out i take it diesels are a bit more tollerant of that sort of abuse

Comment

your bonkers man does it come through the doors or are they well sealed.
                              i remember washing around the engine bay of a pug 406 i had !!!!!! thing didn't run for a day in the summer with the bonnet up so it could dry out i take it diesels are a bit more tollerant of that sort of abuse
                              That puddle looks worse than it is, however the jury is out on surf door seals - ask Danno !

Trev

ps have a scout around you WILL find a pic of the inside of my bonnet

Comment

Working...
                              X