So near and yet.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So near and yet.....

So there was me and 2 of my dogs returning from Devon when I hit the M25 car park! Crawled round to j22 thinking only 30 miles to home when the engine cut out on tickover,turned the key briefly and it did'nt sound "right" so managed to roll to the hard shoulder. We got recovered home in 1 1/2 hours and I had'nt run out of fags so lifes not all bad!
    I managed to talk to the extremely helpful TonyN and the view was that it was the cam belt which I confirmed by pulling the front cover off. The B*****D thing had apparently been changed with the head under warrenty just before I bought it but I've got a feeling they only looked at the belt and cut costs by not changing it( 40,000 km!!)
    Anyhow, TonyN's going to try and sort it on Monday by fitting a new belt and I'm just praying that it has'nt knackered the valves..... To be continued
    A positive attitude wont solve all your problems but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort!

Originally posted by keef
    So there was me and 2 of my dogs returning from Devon when I hit the M25 car park! Crawled round to j22 thinking only 30 miles to home when the engine cut out on tickover,turned the key briefly and it did'nt sound "right" so managed to roll to the hard shoulder. We got recovered home in 1 1/2 hours and I had'nt run out of fags so lifes not all bad!
    I managed to talk to the extremely helpful TonyN and the view was that it was the cam belt which I confirmed by pulling the front cover off. The B*****D thing had apparently been changed with the head under warrenty just before I bought it but I've got a feeling they only looked at the belt and cut costs by not changing it( 40,000 km!!)
    Anyhow, TonyN's going to try and sort it on Monday by fitting a new belt and I'm just praying that it has'nt knackered the valves..... To be continued
    Fingers crossed for you KEEF that the valves are NOT THAT NEAR and yet FAR ENOUGH AWAY for it not to have done any damage.

I am surprised no one has posted with thoughts on wether damage will have been done or not! So it will be very interesting to hear the out come.

At least you know you will get a good deal off Tonyn, just be carefull he does not condem your FLUX CAPACITOR!

Good luck mate.

Paul
    DUNNO'S BACK ..........He never really went away!

Comment

Paul.
      He did mention it but I'm also hoping that i've managed to escape without having to replace that as well!
      A positive attitude wont solve all your problems but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort!

Comment

Do I hear an angle grinder ?

Trev
        Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Seriously though Tony will do a GREAT job for you - have no doubt.

Trev

Comment

Originally posted by UDTrev
            Seriously though Tony will do a GREAT job for you - have no doubt.

Trev
            CREEP
            Enjoying Life after Cancer
            Pops

Comment

Originally posted by pops
              CREEP
              cheeky beggar !!!!!!

Comment

cheeky beggar !!!!!!
                never begged in my life
                not even if terrie says she going to hit me
                Pops

Comment

never begged in my life

Comment

hasten to add she not hit me yet!!!!
                    Pops

Comment

hasten to add she not hit me yet!!!!
                      Y E T

Comment

Originally posted by keef
                        you would have heard the valves hitting the pistons... if it just cut out then should be ok... what did the invoice for work say?... cam belts are guaranteed so take it to your dealer and get them to have a look, OR get an engineers report and claim from them that way.
                        nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
                          you would have heard the valves hitting the pistons... if it just cut out then should be ok... what did the invoice for work say?... cam belts are guaranteed so take it to your dealer and get them to have a look, OR get an engineers report and claim from them that way.
                          I dont think Keef will have any come back on the company as he was not the person who had the work done.

Comment

never begged in my life
                            yes well we all know what you like Terrie to hit you with!

Comment

Originally posted by Dunno
                              I dont think Keef will have any come back on the company as he was not the person who had the work done.
                              I was'nt even going to try as theres no way in hell I could prove my suspicions but I will name and shame if it looks to be an "old" or cheapo make belt!

Comment

Working...
                              X