Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4 Runner to Surf Crossover

Hey guys, just had a thought,

If the Surf is essentially the same vehicle as a 4 runner and the 4 Runner was intended for UK market, wouldn't it just be easier to source out 4 runner parts in the Uk than hunt for Surf parts?

I am talking about standard parts and not the extra electric equipment that can be present on imports and non-existant on UK vehicles.

I have a knackered tailgate door lock by the looks of it and was wondering if I could save myself the hassle of arguing with the Toyota dealer and just ask for a 4 Runner one of the same year?

Any ideas?

Typsey

Hi Typsey,

The chances are the parts guy will ask you for the following:-

Chassis no
    Engine no
    Model no
    What you had for breakfast
    The colour of your eyes
    your mothers maiden name

And if you give him all that he SHOULD have no problem!!! If you give him the wrong details and the part is wrong you will proberbly be stuck with the part, where as if he gets it wrong its THEIR problem!

The chances are it would be the same part number any way.

Paul
    DUNNO'S BACK ..........He never really went away!

Comment

Originally posted by Dunno
      Hi Typsey,

The chances are the parts guy will ask you for the following:-

Chassis no
      Engine no
      Model no
      What you had for breakfast
      The colour of your eyes
      your mothers maiden name

And if you give him all that he SHOULD have no problem!!! If you give him the wrong details and the part is wrong you will proberbly be stuck with the part, where as if he gets it wrong its THEIR problem!

The chances are it would be the same part number any way.

Paul
      If you ask Tony N Nicely or Rusty then they might let you use their Chassis Numbers as they have 4 Runners. With regard to the others, Bacon, Blue and Smith works every time

Cheers

Comment

If anyone wants the chassis / VIN for a UK 4Runner then I am more than willing to help.

You should also get 15% parts discount from Toyota for non imported parts. But you have to ask for it.

Try Inchcape Toyota Oxford / Aylesbury.

Regards

Kerr

Comment

Bits

Originally posted by lucky
          If you ask Tony N Nicely or Rusty then they might let you use their Chassis Numbers as they have 4 Runners. With regard to the others, Bacon, Blue and Smith works every time

Cheers
          A few more bits off me and "TONY,s" 4RUNNER will have crossed over to be a SURF.
          Live Life To The Full

Comment

Originally posted by Hilux
            A few more bits off me and "TONY,s" 4RUNNER will have crossed over to be a SURF.
            Hehe!

Typsey, it is sometimes easier to just get 4Runner parts, JimL has used my 'Runner VIN to good effect. Its no problem for most suspension, bodywork and interier parts.
            4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Lucky for me I've now found a Toy garage where the word import is not a dirty word, but in the other direction is the Toy garage where Tonys VIN made things sooo much easier and the little biddy part arrived the very next day ( doesnt jump out of 1st gear anymore instead of every 2nd day - thanks to my UK4runner part )

Comment

Working...
              X