Yet another swipe at 4 x 4's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chillitt
    the son of a chap i work with just bought an aston. had it 2 weeks and it's just been keyed from one end to tother... is this considered a valid protest amongst enviromentalists?
    possibly, but more likely the hoody wearing scum sucking tw@t was just jealous and wouldn'd even be able to spell enviromentalist. to good for 'em
    Diesel, like petrol only better

Comment

I think it's funny how these people choose to see what they want to see or are told (some people used to call it brain washing!!)

For example, when you look at the figures that are quoted it's amazing what you can find when you look at other cars. The Nissan X-trail may give out 190 CO2 per Km, but our friendly Ford Mondeo gives out 247 CO2 per Km

Or as we are hearing so often that they are potentially pedestrain killers, it's amazing that according to the Euro NCAP you are just as likely to die from being hit by a Fiat Panda as a Range Rover and you are more likely to get killed by a ford focus than a Honda CR-V.

I found that http://www.4x4prejudice.org/index.php gives a very good account for itself and is able to provide the correct sources so you can make up your own mind.

I must admit, I do find it funny when you have these 'environmentally aware' people that leave their campsites looking like a local council rubbish tip.

The spreading of propaganda waffle makes it very difficult for those that have a true genuine concern for the environment.

Mike
      [FONT=Comic Sans MS]"Inveniam viam aut faciam" - S

Comment

[QUOTE=kitesurf_phil]
        they are too busy banning air rifles and making fancy dress outfits for community service 'volenteers'...[/QUOTE]

I think the idea of making community service order types wear orange is totally luducrous. In fact, as a railway worker, I resent it. They should be made to wear pink crotchless boiler suits or to dress up as The Village People, so they can't be mistaken for anybody who does anything worthwhile. Lets humiliate them properly.
        blimmy phil half this lot dress like that all the time not mentioning any names Vag****
        Enjoying Life after Cancer
        Pops

Comment

just came across this

Good news for all you drivers out there who believe that bigger really is better: it would appear it's now offically OK to drive a 4x4!

A report out this week by Spyder Automotive claims that big 4x4s – patronisingly dubbed ‘Chelsea tractors’ - are no more damaging to the environment than their luxury saloon counterparts.

To celebrate the 4x4's rehabilitation into polite society, we present the top 10 SUVs, as voted for by you.

By Michael Bell
          Gaz

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
            They are already!!

Thats what annoys me about about all this 'tax this, tax that' ****, anyone who is driving some that does 10mpg is already paying more tax than someone doing 30mpg. You can't help it, your buying more fuel, therefore paying more tax. Ken should concentrate on getting all the buses and cabs to run on veg oil, than making all this fuss about a minority of motor vehicles. I hate bandwagons.

Cant do that, cos all the kids are being given healthy food, but they have to go to school smelling chips!
            You are so cruel!
            Back in the world of Surfdom

Comment

why do the protesters have to be so negative anti this ban that stop everything!
              wouldnt it be healthier to promote good things like
              alternative fuels
              walking buses for school runs
              trains(!)
              car pools
              gun cabinets...
              prisons
              i could go on..

Sorry mate cant add prisons, they are all overfilled the scroats are having to share....or be let out early
              still perhaps if they are told to be good girls and boys..........................
              Did I mention I have a BLUE one
              Tony

Comment

[QUOTE=AndyLala]And our favourite friends' (Red Ken)favourite mode of transport...?

On the eco-fuels... if you cook with sunflower oil you pay very little tax on it. If you choose to use it in your favourite 'toy', they charge you an arm and a leg to use it... where is the sense in that.

There is one reason, and one reason only why all the existing "BIO" fuels are not being used. TAX

The goverment like to say how much they want everyone to ride around on a horse because they hate the car so much, but if everyone stopped driving for a week, the goverment would collapse. Fuel duty is the biggest revenue raiser the goverment has. That's why you don't see eco friendly fuels on the market, they are a threat. They know they can't use the "ECO" argument on them, so they couldn't justify high prices on them either. So they keep the "eco friendly" fuels under the shelf and tax the bo*****s off everyone else.

Did you ever see a goverment minister being driven around in a small eco friendly hybrid car? I think not!!

Comment

Working...
                X