Yet another swipe at 4 x 4's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yet another swipe at 4 x 4's

Hopefully Tony has bigger fish to fry for the time being......................... ...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/4550593.stm
    [COLOR=DarkOrange]Dont Peck SH$T with the Chickens when you can Fly with the Eagles[/COLOR]

Originally posted by skippernicky
    Hopefully Tony has bigger fish to fry for the time being......................... ...

There is a lot of mis-information out there at the moment, fuelled further by Red Ken and the anti 4x4 lobby. None of them have a leg to stand on in my opinion when faced with the fact that we could all run on an environmentally sustainable alternative with a bit of support (veg oil/ ethanol etc). In that respect high fuel consumption vehicles could become a source of revenue rather than just an atmospheric burdon. Funnily enough I'm an environmental scientist so it will be interesting to see how many of my clients question my choice of site vehicle of recent times, the 3.0 Surf. Not many i would suggest since it carries the equipment I need (often over landfills and other crappy sites) to determine the impact of contaminated land on humans and the environment!! Mind you a lot of my clients drive Range Rovers and X5's, the ba***rds!!

Comment

Originally posted by contaminated
      In that respect high fuel consumption vehicles could become a source of revenue rather than just an atmospheric burdon.
      They are already!!

Thats what annoys me about about all this 'tax this, tax that' crap, anyone who is driving some that does 10mpg is already paying more tax than someone doing 30mpg. You can't help it, your buying more fuel, therefore paying more tax. Ken should concentrate on getting all the buses and cabs to run on veg oil, than making all this fuss about a minority of motor vehicles. I hate bandwagons.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

And our favourite friends' (Red Ken)favourite mode of transport...?

A taxi... how enviromentally friendly are they? (less than an Surf on Vegoil, I bet)

On the eco-fuels... if you cook with sunflower oil you pay very little tax on it. If you choose to use it in your favourite 'toy', they charge you an arm and a leg to use it... where is the sense in that.

Surely this would be a large 'win' or gesture for our 'esteemed' leaders to make for the 'green' lobby...

Comment

they are too busy banning air rifles and making fancy dress outfits for community service 'volenteers'...
          it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt
            they are too busy banning air rifles and making fancy dress outfits for community service 'volenteers'...
            that's my job!!! (not the fancy dress outfits lol - although sometimes I do get this strange hankering...)
            Dave

Comment

[QUOTE=Chillitt]they are too busy banning air rifles and making fancy dress outfits for community service 'volenteers'...[/QUOTE]

I think the idea of making community service order types wear orange is totally luducrous. In fact, as a railway worker, I resent it. They should be made to wear pink crotchless boiler suits or to dress up as The Village People, so they can't be mistaken for anybody who does anything worthwhile. Lets humiliate them properly.
              It's only a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by skippernicky

They had to pick on Landrover as there are no small car makers left in the UK!!!!

Nevillef

Comment

Originally posted by laser_jock@work
                  They had to pick on Landrover as there are no small car makers left in the UK!!!!

Nevillef
                  Did they all walk to the location or did they arrive in a large bus? Naw, proably all arrived in environmentally friendly Surfs!

Comment

why do the protesters have to be so negative anti this ban that stop everything!
                    wouldnt it be healthier to promote good things like
                    alternative fuels
                    walking buses for school runs
                    trains(!)
                    car pools
                    gun cabinets...
                    prisons
                    i could go on..
                    it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

the problem is that people can only see 'negative' like 'oh that's bad, we'll have to ban it' mainly as it's the easier route to take. it's much harder to go 'oh that's bad, but if we all make a bit of effort and try to do this...'

the greenies spout alternatative fuels etc only when it suits them. if we took their advice at the time, we'd all be driving veg oil-powered diesel engines, and it wouldn't matter if they were 4x4 or not. Oh hang on a minute, isn't this something that someone has mentioned before
                      Dave

Comment

The Cayenne and X5 drivers out there give us all a bad rep. I wish Red ken would come out to the rest of the country and have a look around, rather than siting in an office in the smog trying to ban 4x4's. Ban them in london if they cause a problem in london, dont punish us for the mum's taxi brigade!
                        Johnny

Comment

I wish Ken would shut is trap as nothing but twaddle comes out of it.....He seems to think everybody wants what he thinks
                          Im not a gynacologist but ill have a look

Comment

Originally posted by J5C
                            The Cayenne and X5 drivers out there give us all a bad rep. I wish Red ken would come out to the rest of the country and have a look around, rather than siting in an office in the smog trying to ban 4x4's. Ban them in london if they cause a problem in london, dont punish us for the mum's taxi brigade!
                            I know a bloke with a cayenne turbo. I used to think 21 mpg was bad!! Fuel ecomomy on another mate's X5 not so bad, you just look a c**k driving it!!

Comment

the son of a chap i work with just bought an aston. had it 2 weeks and it's just been keyed from one end to tother... is this considered a valid protest amongst enviromentalists?
                              it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Working...
                              X