Cup Holder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cup Holder

Hi guys, having a 4 runner ment that i did not have a cup holder as standard, as this is one of the 2 small things that always annoyed me I have decided its time to install one.
    The question is how do I get the blank plate out, I have not seem any screws etc and dont want to try the crowbar approach.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Cheers

I too have a 4Runner, and one of the few little improvements I have made was fitting a cup holder! It can be done, but it was a while ago. I seem to remember that you have to take the heater control knobs off, and then carefully prise out the blue and red strip, at which point you discover some screws (once you've pulled out the plastic light prism). I think you have to take the instrument surround off as well.
    It is quite straightforward, but at one stage you have quite a big pile of bits in the back seat and some of the fastenings are of the push fit variety so care is needed not to break plastic tabs off or you'll make the dash rattle.
    When you've done it you'll also discover that if you put cups in the cup holders you can't see the heater controls, but that's a small price to pay for having a cup of coffee on the way to work
    Neill

Comment

Cheers,
      if thats it its a bit like taking the stereo out which I think I can do in under 5 mins now (thats out and back in) as I have changed stereo/design about 20 times, plus done chunkymonkeys stereo also.

Comment

I have a broken cup holder and fancy replacing it.. where are you getting your new one from?
        she's no angel

Comment

Working...
        X