New Alloys and Wheel Nuts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Alloys and Wheel Nuts

Got myself some nice alloys (2nd hand off ebay).

They fit fine, but the stud holes are recessed into the alloy and I can't tighten them up properly due to there not being enough space around the nut in the surrounding recess. (see photo). It's only a mm or 2, but I can't quite get them fully tightened as the wheel brace won't go all the way in.

Anyone know if you can get wheel nuts with slightly smaller nut heads, the current one are standard issue I think? Or maybe special socket?

Cheers,

Paul
    Attached Files
    Last edited by paulc; 11 May 2005, 22:09.

buy a socket and grind it down slightly, far cheaper than complete set of wheel nuts

Comment

just looked at the wheels, I was after those wheels too, just out of my price range.

Comment

Thanks Marky, think that could be the way forward.

Comment

Originally posted by paulc
          Got myself some nice alloys (2nd hand off ebay).

They fit fine, but the stud holes are recessed into the alloy and I can't tighten them up properly due to there not being enough space around the nut in the surrounding recess. (see photo). It's only a mm or 2, but I can't quite get them fully tightened as the wheel brace won't go all the way in.

Anyone know if you can get wheel nuts with slightly smaller nut heads, the current one are standard issue I think? Or maybe special socket?

Cheers,

Paul
          I had a similar problem on another car. I got some slightly deeper wheel nuts and they were chromed. Very bling!
          It's only a hobby!

Comment

Try a spark plug socket, they are normally thinner walled than normal sockets.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Cheers Tony, I'll give that a try.

Been looking at my nuts ooooer misses They do not have the built in washer, but are a solid straight sided nut. Looked on ebay and Standard Surf nuts seem to have a washer/waist section - nuts This might do the trick.
              Last edited by paulc; 12 May 2005, 12:03.

Comment

Working...
              X