Irish Veg-oil news

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chunkymonkey
    Costco Veg oil - £8.89 for 20L - thats 44.4p/L...
    Matches Tesco then ..

Comment

Originally posted by Gamedawn
      Yeah - and the message will be delivered by flying pig
      I like flying pigs... ... and sheep ...

Comment

Originally posted by surfin
        I like flying pigs... ... and sheep ...
        Ahh Pink Floyd roools
        Dave

Comment

Cheapest I can find veggie oil around here is from Dunne Stores (aahh the ubiquitous Dunne Stores) at 66 cent per litre. and the biggest bottle I've found is only 2 litres!! I have actually start keeping what little is left from the house but we use so !!!!!! little, besdies the pigs usually make better use of in thier feed.

Morr, if you hear anything about the bio-diesel spreading through out Eire, let me know!

I have to say though, the rental companies are kicking up a stink as the told me that I could not put bios diesel in thier 05 X-Trial whilst my smurf was in the garage.
          They claim it causes trouble in modern diesel engines ?

Seems like Bollox to me.
          I am the friend of Hypno-Toad

Comment

Originally posted by sheeprus
            Cheapest I can find veggie oil around here is from Dunne Stores (aahh the ubiquitous Dunne Stores) at 66 cent per litre. and the biggest bottle I've found is only 2 litres!! I have actually start keeping what little is left from the house but we use so !!!!!! little, besdies the pigs usually make better use of in thier feed.

Morr, if you hear anything about the bio-diesel spreading through out Eire, let me know!

I have to say though, the rental companies are kicking up a stink as the told me that I could not put bios diesel in thier 05 X-Trial whilst my smurf was in the garage.
            They claim it causes trouble in modern diesel engines ?

Seems like Bollox to me.
            The bio scene is not very evident in Ireland, probably because over the last 10 years or so we have enjoyed relatively low fuel prices at least compared to most of Europe. When I first started using veggie it was not worth it from an economic viewpoint as it was only around 8 cents cheaper and involved the hassle of filling from 1L bottles. I started it from an ecological viewpoint rather than an economic one (trying to atone for past gas guzzlers ).

The hire company probably objected as I doubt Nissan approve the use of biodiesel or alternative fuels in the vehicle they sell on this market, hire crowd are probably right to stop you potentially invalidating their warranty. The simple solution of course is not to tell them!
            As regards causing trouble in modern diesel engines, this can be true for using veg-oil in some cases, for example any engine with a Lucas fuel pump will not tolerate it for very long before giving up, also newer direct injection diesels are prone to coking the injectors on veggie.
            Biodiesel however should be fine in any modern diesel engine (even if manufactures don't generally approve, altough I think VW may now permit it), its only problem areas are in older engines utilising natural rubber compounds in the fuel systems and of course potential winter difficulties in all engines due to gelling.
            Last edited by Morr; 11 May 2005, 14:49.
            Maurice
            Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

Working...
            X