Irish Veg-oil news

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Irish Veg-oil news

The Irish Government is launching a pilot program whereby up to 8 million liters of biofuels inc ethanol & biodiesel but primarily PPO (pure plant oil) will be sold without any excise duty. The scheme is due to start later this month. I was contacted by a supplier I previously inquired with and I've submitted my application to participate and buy PPO from them at €0.58 eurocents per liter. I'll have to travel to collect it and buy in bulk (or have it delivered in a 1000L cube).

I'll post more info as I get it (only found out this morning)

The outlook is hopefully good! But time will tell .....
    Maurice
    Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

WAY TO GO Morr

Trev
    Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

1000L - now that would keep me going for a bit, no chance of that happening over here

0.58e = £0.40 thus 1000L = £400
      current price of British fuel = £0.90 = 900 for 1000L

Think I'm going to cry now!

Comment

Originally posted by Morr
        The Irish Government is launching a pilot program whereby up to 8 million liters of biofuels inc ethanol & biodiesel but primarily PPO (pure plant oil) will be sold without any excise duty. The scheme is due to start later this month. I was contacted by a supplier I previously inquired with and I've submitted my application to participate and buy PPO from them at €0.58 eurocents per liter. I'll have to travel to collect it and buy in bulk (or have it delivered in a 1000L cube).

I'll post more info as I get it (only found out this morning)

The outlook is hopefully good! But time will tell .....
        I've got Kelvin Hopkins MP (Luton North) on the case. He is considered green enough for the Green Party not to have fielded a candidate against him. He wants to have a chat and see about tabling a question regarding reduced/zero duty for 100% veggie users. I wonder if Gordon will agree?
        It's only a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by kitesurf_phil
          I've got Kelvin Hopkins MP (Luton North) on the case. He is considered green enough for the Green Party not to have fielded a candidate against him. He wants to have a chat and see about tabling a question regarding reduced/zero duty for 100% veggie users. I wonder if Gordon will agree?
          Sounds good, have my fingers crossed

Trev

Comment

I've got Kelvin Hopkins MP (Luton North) on the case. .......
            Excellent stuff, I hope you've pointed out the EU permits 0% duty on biofuels, plus the added benefits of emissions reductions helping meet Kyoto targets, that increased demand from home market produced fuel reduces your countries balance of payments, improves import/export ratios, creates employment, reduces dependence on foreign oil and the inflation impacting market variations we have all suffered from recently etc etc. Spell it out to make sure they see the bigger picture.
            It really can be a win-win situation.
            Maurice
            Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

I wonder if Gordon will agree?
              Yeah - and the message will be delivered by flying pig
              Roger

My Pointer ate the dog trainer

Comment

Originally posted by Gamedawn
                Yeah - and the message will be delivered by flying pig
                John Prescott can fly ??????

Trev

Comment

morr if i parked a trailer on your drive, could you get a 1000 ltr cube put on it?
                  it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Sounds like a pie worth getting the teeth into Maurice, can you divulge your sources? I'd love to try it on the diesels at work, where we have a POS DAF, if it worked I'd be the greatest, if the fuel pump calved I wouldnt have to drive the POS- cant loose. Also I have a hazchem licence AND a POS DAF with a hiab crane on the back for lifting the 1000ltr laddies off (although strictly speaking I doubt if biodiesel requires driver certification as it has a low volatility).

Comment

A thousand litre cube is only about 3 cubic feet. Its not as big as you think.

I install 2500 litre oil tanks and the are only 2.2m x 1.6m x 1.3m . So yes you might be able to get the cube on your trailer chillit,

Mike
                      I always work better wet .

Its why I became a plumber!!!

Comment

now.. to get the trailer back to england.... scratches chin....hmmmmm.....
                        it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

thats easy chillit!!!!!! Surf train......................... .....choochoo
                          I always work better wet .

Its why I became a plumber!!!

Comment

1000 ltr cube tank is called an IBC in the chem trade (Intermediate Bulk Container)

Comment

what about doing a french connection (the film not the shop...) and hiding extra tanks...
                              it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Working...
                              X