Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I finally got one!

Folks,
    Been a little quiet as hunting out a nice Surf in Japan for a good price. Well I finally got one and it should be on the boat once the Japanese holidays are over Im sure once she is here I will be more active on the posting

I have attached pictures of her in Japan on the way to my friends house - he assures me it is fantastic in condition and drivers superbly! I hope he is right!!

Rgds and thanks

Ant
    Attached Files
    1996 SSR-G 3.0 TD Intercooler
    Mazda Rotaries too!

Congratulations I bet you cant wait.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

must be a posh one!... lexus badge and cushtie wheels!!... what's it badged as?
      nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
        must be a posh one!... lexus badge and cushtie wheels!!... what's it badged as?
        No to be honest I cant wait, fed up of only being to pick up a bag of screws at B&Q in the RX-8 and not being to generally lug stuff around

Posh one? Erm its an SSR-G 3.0 TD. I asked my Japanese friend about the Lexus badge. Allegedly some owners swap them over?! Does that make mine a HiLEX Surf?

Just hope its not too much work to get it SVAed and reged now!

Rgds

Ant
        Mazda Rotaries too!

Comment

VERY nice, bet you can`t wait to get it muddy
          Rick

Comment

Mmmm, very nice looking surf.
            lets go get dirty...

Comment

Thanks for the +ve comments guys.

Muddy? Whats that then, kerbside puddles?

Ant
              Mazda Rotaries too!

Comment

Originally posted by db2boy
                Folks,
                Been a little quiet as hunting out a nice Surf in Japan for a good price. Well I finally got one and it should be on the boat once the Japanese holidays are over Im sure once she is here I will be more active on the posting

I have attached pictures of her in Japan on the way to my friends house - he assures me it is fantastic in condition and drivers superbly! I hope he is right!!

Rgds and thanks

Ant
                Hi,
                Hope you don`t mind me jumpin on board M8 but can you give me the proceedure for getting it tested once of the boat. A trader told me i would have to be in the trade to get it certified before the MOT. Do you know if this is correct. I`m desperate to get me hands on a newer 30L TD surf but at the right price & there does seem to be some real bagains in Japan. If you could give me a few tips or pointers i would be grateful.
                ThanX
                M4r5hy

Comment

Very nice mate Looks like it will sound well too with that exhaust on
                  Like the wheels to as it goes
                  Tim
                  Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Originally posted by M4r5hy
                    Hi,
                    Hope you don`t mind me jumpin on board M8 but can you give me the proceedure for getting it tested once of the boat. A trader told me i would have to be in the trade to get it certified before the MOT. Do you know if this is correct. I`m desperate to get me hands on a newer 30L TD surf but at the right price & there does seem to be some real bagains in Japan. If you could give me a few tips or pointers i would be grateful.
                    ThanX
                    M4r5hy
                    Assuming newer than 10 years you will need an SVA, once succesful in the SVA you need to have it registered and MoTed. Tax it insure it and drive it. You may need to do a few things to get it through the SVA. Ive been involved (and dont plan to stop) with Mazda rotaries for ages and so this is my first 4x4 - Im assuming its the same!

Ant
                    Mazda Rotaries too!

Comment

Thanks dirtydog I only noticed the exhaust earlier - my initial thoughts were with the SVA! Ah the bling bling wheels, not 22 inches but..........!

Ive seen the Aus forum and some of the performance stuff, is it worth doing a few things to pep them up a little or is it not worth it?

Ant
                      Mazda Rotaries too!

Comment

since its intercooled already that should be enough for now....
                        it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Ive seen the Aus forum and some of the performance stuff, is it worth doing a few things to pep them up a little or is it not worth it?

Find your feet with it then have a look about. I've got a V6 4runner and have done most of the easier mods (Air pipe, Air Box, plugs, Air filter, De-Cat) and some stuff works and others are a complete watse of time. Toyota spent a lot of R&D in sorting it out to get optimal performance and I found changing the smallest thing really bu**ers up the consumption (esp with a V6!!)
                          Good luck with it, it looks a nice truck - I like white - occupational hazard I guess
                          NO WORRIES!
                          Rusty

Comment

Very nice looking surf m8 love those wheels!!
                            http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/php_lib/view_rigs.php

Comment

Originally posted by silversurfer11
                              Very nice looking surf m8 love those wheels!!
                              Thanks very much

Rgds

Ant
                              Mazda Rotaries too!

Comment

Working...
                              X