Suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestions?

OK, I'm done - I fitted my white dials today but I have a problem... they don't work

They were easy enough to put in but I simply can't get them to work with the illuminations.

I've tried wiring them in off one of the dash switches and earthing them directly to a bolt, and currently they are wired in to the positive illumination and the earth of the stereo but for some reason they just won't light up.....and I just don't get it I've been out there for hours...

I don't know what else to check, they are assembled properly, all the connections are good, the stereo works, I can only think they are faulty Not sure if this is really a rant or a cry for help?!

If anyone has any suggestions as to what could be wrong then I'm definately all ears!
    Real trucks don't have spark plugs

Originally posted by Snoop
    OK, I'm done - I fitted my white dials today but I have a problem... they don't work

They were easy enough to put in but I simply can't get them to work with the illuminations.

I've tried wiring them in off one of the dash switches and earthing them directly to a bolt, and currently they are wired in to the positive illumination and the earth of the stereo but for some reason they just won't light up.....and I just don't get it I've been out there for hours...

I don't know what else to check, they are assembled properly, all the connections are good, the stereo works, I can only think they are faulty Not sure if this is really a rant or a cry for help?!

If anyone has any suggestions as to what could be wrong then I'm definately all ears!
    Maybe this helps - colours should be the same although you have a 3.0.
    As far as I remember the two wires are from the left most plug behind the dash if you look at it.
    Green/white band for positive and white/black band for earth (these are the two leftmost wires on the block).

You should have called me mate
    Attached Files
    Last edited by dirtydog; 6 May 2005, 23:14.
    Tim
    Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Tony fitted mine,

Perhaps he can help

Trev
      Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Originally posted by UDTrev
        Tony fitted mine,

Perhaps he can help

Trev
        Yeha and Tony asked me for help

Only joking he just wanted a rundown - Id doubt Tony has even been stuck on a motor yet...
        Tim

Comment

Originally posted by dirtydog
          Maybe this helps - colours should be the same although you have a 3.0.
          As far as I remember the two wires are from the left most plug behind the dash if you look at it.
          Green/white band for positive and white/black band for earth (these are the two leftmost wires on the block).

You should have called me mate

Cheers, was gonna call but looking at the problem it's like there's only two wires, how it could go wrong?!!! I figured it must be a bad connection or they are faulty but then it was around 10pm so I thought I'd leave it until the morning...

Comment

Doug, check you have a good connection to +12V and earth. Try taking a perm feed and earth straight off the battery to test the unit works.

If it does then make sure you have the correct illumination wire feeding the new clocks. If you are using scotch block type connectors the bin them and use crimps
            I NEED TO OFFROAD!

Comment

Oh dear - I found the culprit... a schoolboy error on my part for not checking but for some reason the 10amp fuse for the dash illuminations had blown

I was doing this yesterday without a decent voltmeter but my new purchase this morning has already paid for itself! They light up a charm now on the wiring I did last night - though the revcounter isn't working so need to push the face back a bit with some even wider spacers!

Cheers for the advice Tim !!!!

Comment

Doug,

Are they the gauges from Street Racer Parts that we got here ?

If so tell me which colour you prefer - myself I think the blue looks far better than the green.

Trev

Comment

I personally prefer the blue but its too loud with the inverter squeeling away so I never use it on blue. Turquoise is nice too.
                  Tim

Comment

I personally prefer the blue - looks like the dials in golfs etc. and I love those. Also our Truck is blue so it looks quite cool.

So it drove me mad for an evening, but so worth it now it is done!

Once again - cheers for sorting these dials Trev!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Snoop
                      I personally prefer the blue - looks like the dials in golfs etc. and I love those. Also our Truck is blue so it looks quite cool.

So it drove me mad for an evening, but so worth it now it is done!

Once again - cheers for sorting these dials Trev!!!
                      Hmmmmmmmmm. looks like finding someone who likes the turquoise is going to be difficult - spot yet another BLUE fan !!!!

Trev

Comment

Working...
                      X