Anti Roll Bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anti Roll Bar

Anyone know the part number and/or correct name for the 2 upright bolts that run up onto a bracket on the chassis from the ends of the anti roll bar at the rear. They have a nuckle type joint at the lower end and nut and 2 rubber bushes at the top end?

Just sheered one rather rusty one!

Cheers,

Paul
    Last edited by paulc; 5 May 2005, 21:49.

Originally posted by paulc
    Anyone know the part number and/or correct name for the 2 upright bolts that run up onto a bracket on the chassis from the ends of the anti roll bar at the rear. They have a nuckle type joint at the lower end and nut and 2 rubber bushes at the top end?

Cheers,

Paul
    Take it to Stephen Eagall Toyota in Luton and show the parts manager. He should have one for you within 24 hrs. He saved my trip to Langdale by finding me the right part for my front hub @ 88p +VAT. I ordered it at 4PM on Thursday and he had it at 9AM Friday. Top service! They are very import friendly and seem to have the EPC for "Toyota Parts Non-UK."
    It's only a hobby!

Comment

Cheers Phil, I'll give them a call.

Comment

Cheers Phil, I'll give them a call.
        They will say bring it in if you can't quote the part number. If you can describe it to them sufficiently have your chassis number handy.
        It's only a hobby!

Comment

Cheers,

Paul
          Ring or order online at milners - www.milneroffroad.com
          I bought a pair as they are 1/2" shorter that the genuine 1s but fit fine. Two drop links for anti roll bar with rubbers washers etc totalled £36
          Attached Files
          BEWARE OF THE REAPER

Comment

Originally posted by Grimreeper
            I bought a pair as they are 1/2" shorter that the genuine 1s but fit fine. Two drop links for anti roll bar with rubbers washers etc totalled £36

Thanks Grimreeper, that's the kiddie.

What effect does having them 1/2" shorter have?

Cheers,

Paul

Comment

The anti roll bar link rod is also available at Roughtrax

http://www.toyotahilux.com/index.php...5&category=139

Looks more expensive than Milners- but might be the right length?

Nevillef

Comment

Just remove the bar altogether. I did and havnt noticed any difference in roll. But i do have new springs and stiff shocks, so that probably helps!
                Derek :
                1990 Hilux Surf SSR Ltd
                [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]S[/U][/COLOR][/B]ave [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]U[/U][/COLOR][/B]p [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]R[/U][/COLOR][/B]eadies [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]F[/U][/COLOR][/B]ast. Cause you're gonna need them!

Comment

Think I'll get the ones from Milners - Toyota want £110 + VAT for a pair!

Comment

Got the drop links from Milners (came next day ) thanks for the recomendation Grimreeper.

Now having real trouble getting the lower nut off, soaked it in penetrating oil and using a breaker bar but just seems to turn the whole ball joint round when I turn the nut. I can't see a way holding the ball joint/bolt bit while you put pressure on the nut.

Any ideas? Or should I resort to a grinder!

Comment

If you look at the end of the threaded section there should be a hole that an allen key fits into.Place a ring spanner on the nut then the allen key in the end to stop the joint turning.

Neville

Comment

Originally posted by NiftyNev
                        If you look at the end of the threaded section there should be a hole that an allen key fits into.Place a ring spanner on the nut then the allen key in the end to stop the joint turning.

Neville

So there is..... Cheers Nifty you're saved me whole lot grief!

Comment

Originally posted by Grimreeper
                          I only got 4 washers per set from Milners and I ordered front and rear and the nuts they sent dont fit on the rear either (fronts OK though)
                          Had to skip a couple of washers out and use some old ones on somewhere else. Still Id doubt it matters much when some people take them off completely
                          Tim
                          Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Working...
                          X