can't get this to work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can't get this to work

Hi, I'm trying to post some pics and the invalid attachment keeps coming up. Help!

Jacqueline

Originally posted by jax
    Hi, I'm trying to post some pics and the invalid attachment keeps coming up. Help!

Jacqueline
    Jax,

Check the size of the file - there is a limit, also check the type of attachment - some are not allowed.

If you are still having problems email it to me and I'll post it for you.
    Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Linda
      Jax,

Check the size of the file - there is a limit, also check the type of attachment - some are not allowed.

If you are still having problems email it to me and I'll post it for you.
      Hi, what is the usual size of file for posting please?

Jacqueline

Comment

Originally posted by jax
        Hi, what is the usual size of file for posting please?

Jacqueline
        Hehe - knew you'd ask that - not sure exactly, but I tend to resize to sub 1meg. supported file extensions are bmp doc gif jpe jpeg jpg pdf png psd txt zip.
        Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Hehe - knew you'd ask that - not sure exactly, but I tend to resize to sub 1meg. supported file extensions are bmp doc gif jpe jpeg jpg pdf png psd txt zip.

Damn Linda what are you drinking !!!!!!! your speak just became really slurred
          I always work better wet .

Its why I became a plumber!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike66
            Damn Linda what are you drinking !!!!!!! your speak just became really slurred
            red wine and JD and diet... :jna aju LJ .qwjkpxkc
            Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

red wine and JD and diet... :jna aju LJ .qwjkpxkc

Now your being silly jna aju LJ .qwjkpxkc is file format for pics.
              I always work better wet .

Its why I became a plumber!!!

Comment

Nope, I just can't do it, my brain is fuddled. How do you get pics to come up as thumbnails? A step by step idiot's guide is what I need (and maybe some red wine - got any left Linda?)

Jacqueline
                Last edited by jax; 3 May 2005, 21:15.

Comment

Originally posted by jax
                  Nope, I just can't do it, my brain is fuddled. How do you get pics to come up as thumbnails? A step by step idiot's guide is what I need (and maybe some red wine - got any left Linda?)

Jacqueline

From the FAQ Section

What Are Attachments?The administrator may allow you to use the attachment feature of this forum, which gives you the ability to attach files of certain types to your posts. This could be an image, a text document, a zip file etc. There will be a limit to the file size of any attachments you make, as the forums should not be used as an extension of your hard disk!

To attach a file to a new post, simply click the [Browse] button at the bottom of the post composition page, and locate the file that you want to attach from your local hard drive.

Only certain types of files may be attached: these are the valid file extensions for files to be attached to this forum: bmp doc gif jpe jpeg jpg pdf png psd txt zip.

After posting, the attachment will show up in the body of your message. To view the contents of the attachment (if it is not already displayed) simply click the filename link that appears next to the attachment icon .
                  Gaz

Comment

MS PAINT to open pic if it looks huge you need to make it smaller.
                    Go to IMAGE then Stretch / Skew in the top 2 boxes change from 100% to say 80% until picture is more visible in the box. Save as Jpeg & off you go.
                    (\__/)
                    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                    (")_(")

Comment

could always host it some were and post it as a html link,

try http://sef.um-network.com/Gallery/

i can always give u more space there

Comment

slightly off topic.. just for you jax, i just ran over a fox.
                        it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt
                          woooohoooo squissssshhhhhh!

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt
                            I hit a GROUSE yeterday.
                            (\__/)
                            (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                            (")_(")

Comment

a pidjin didn't fly quick enough on friday and the poor little fella broke his...um... torso? on me windscreen!
                              nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Working...
                              X