Turbo Timer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turbo Timer

I have just purchsed my 1st Surf (2nd Gen) it has a turbo timer fitted and i want some info on it if possible,on the front its got FET TB-306, its got 3 buttons 1 for power,1 for time,1 for select. what are the buttons ment to do? Sorry for sounding a bit thick but you know how it is. If anyone can shed some light on it I would be very grateful.
    [font=Comic Sans MS][i][size=+3][color=red][b]Paul[/b][/color][/size][/i][/font]

[b][size=+2]1992 2.4TD SSR-X AUTO[/b][/size]

Welcome aboard Paul - good choice of car - someone will be along soon who can answer you question I expect... or come to the chat room and ask.. (me - I know nothing techy.../)
    Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by The Griff
      I have just purchsed my 1st Surf (2nd Gen) it has a turbo timer fitted and i want some info on it if possible,on the front its got FET TB-306, its got 3 buttons 1 for power,1 for time,1 for select. what are the buttons ment to do? Sorry for sounding a bit thick but you know how it is. If anyone can shed some light on it I would be very grateful.
      mine's got 3 buttons...
      left hand button turns it on
      middle button for timer down
      right hand for timer up

e.g. press lh button

set time using middle/rh goes from 20 seconds to 5 mins
      take keys out and keeps running
      beeps while countdown is going, then switches off after times up!

never really use it, but it's handy if you want to keep the lights on or just popping to a cash machine etc.
      nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

As far as I understand it, it's bad for the turbo to just kill your engine after a long run where the turbo's been spinning for long peiods of time - thats about as technical as I can be.

Mine also has 3 buttons.. On/Off and then a 1 Minute button and a 3 minute button. Setting it going means that the turbo has time to spin down whilst still having the engine running which keeps it nicely "lubed up" - again not very techy, but you get the idea.

Some people rate 'em, most seem not to. I used mine for the first time the other night whilst unpacking my Surf outside the house... keeps the engine running without the keys in the ignition, so you don't have to worry about some Bar Steward nicking off with it. They wouldn't get very far if they did!

Does any of that make any sense?
        Last edited by Robster; 11 November 2003, 13:41.
        Rob

'92 2.4TD SSR-X AUTO
        --------------------------------------------------------------------
        "You Sir are drunk!"
        "Ahh yes Madam, but you are ugly and in the morning I shall be sober."
        --------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Thank for your help. I'm a bit happier now that I know what gives.

Cheers
          [font=Comic Sans MS][i][size=+3][color=red][b]Paul[/b][/color][/size][/i][/font]

Comment

Originally posted by The Griff
            hi griff

i have just purchased the same vehicle and the same tb-306 unit, but my engine doesnt run on does yours actualy do this ??

sid

Comment

Originally posted by sid cripps
              hi griff

i have just purchased the same vehicle and the same tb-306 unit, but my engine doesnt run on does yours actualy do this ??

sid
              Hi Sid

Yes, mine runs on for the time that you set it for.

Cheers

Comment

Any idea what these look like or where I might find it?

Looking to remove mine?

Comment

The turbo timer is normally fixed to the top of steering column shroud and has several green lights on it
                  https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

In plain sight? Or hidden from view? I have nothing visible.

Comment

Rapid cool downs after hard spooling on the older type ct 20 and 12's turbos can and often cause wearing on the internal seals of your turb(expansion contraction) though its not the end of your turbo turning your truck straight off after a hard run, however taking the time to allow a proper cool down helps to get the maxium service life out of your turbo(preventing premature expensive seal kit purchase!). I am a fan of the ct20 if you look after them you get a great service life.

Comment

Working...
                      X