Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Surf dealer or private??

Hi Folks,

Long time since I have been on here. I inherited my 95 3.0td from my brother last year and did plan to sell but, after driving it for a while I couldn't do it. However the time has come to upgrade a bit. Can anyone tell me where the best place to look is for a fairly new model up to about 3 years old. Failing that she who must be obeyed wants a landcruiser !

HELP
    Dave ssrx 3.0td Ltd auto Gen2

Well we bought ours trade straight off the Boat from Ireland!

We saved over £2000 for a same spec one from a dealer so with that saving we paid for our own service from a garage we trust, added a tow bar, bought some bigger wheels and off road tyres, a private plate, had it wax oiled and got a better stereo and speakers and so spent about the same but got exactly what we wanted!

So I'd say try and find someone selling them trade private might be a good idea cos you might get a few extras. But the mark up for a service and a clean Surf just aren't worth it when going to a dealer.

Good Luck with the search! Heres a good palce to start www.autotrader.co.uk

Lottie
    Off Roading Rules!! When's the next meet??

[IMG

Comment

Advantages to both.
      With a dealer you get a warranty, he has a reputation to maintain, others with prior experience will rate him etc... BUT you'll pay a premium for that.

With a private buy you'll pay quite a lot less, but if something goes wrong after you've bought it's very hard to get any reparation from the seller (if you can even find him again).

Auction and off the boat - again risks attached, but benefit in terms of money

Depends how much you trust your mechanical skills to spot a problem. Also if a 2.4 I would always suggest getting a pressure test done before you buy.

Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by ssrx
        Hi Folks,

Long time since I have been on here. I inherited my 95 3.0td from my brother last year and did plan to sell but, after driving it for a while I couldn't do it. However the time has come to upgrade a bit. Can anyone tell me where the best place to look is for a fairly new model up to about 3 years old. Failing that she who must be obeyed wants a landcruiser !

HELP
        Time sure goes quick, I remember your brother on the forum as if it were only a few months ago. As for your search, you wont find much in the way of Surfs under 3 years old already in the country. You'll probably get more feedback on this after the holiday weekend.
        Pete

Comment

Originally posted by Pete
          Time sure goes quick, I remember your brother on the forum as if it were only a few months ago. As for your search, you wont find much in the way of Surfs under 3 years old already in the country. You'll probably get more feedback on this after the holiday weekend.
          Pete

Thanks Pete, been over 12 months now.
          Dave ssrx 3.0td Ltd auto Gen2

Comment

http://www.jicconline.co.uk/toyota_h...f_for_sale.htm
            http://www.click-cars.co.uk/autos26.htm

both these site have some late model surfs. never seen one later than about 2001 though.

if you want one that new then it will almost certainly have to be from a dealer.

best bet is to just trawl the net.
            mudnstuff.me.uk

Comment

Working...
            X