which one intercooler or normal turbo/

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• which one intercooler or normal turbo/

hi looked at some surfs today,NICE,whats the difference between intercooled and not intercooled ?if you know what i mean
    hey just got a new 30 td surf all the gadgets 1997 metallic black niceeeeeeeeee

Originally posted by HYPERMONKEY
    hi looked at some surfs today,NICE,whats the difference between intercooled and not intercooled ?if you know what i mean
    didn't know they made an intercooled surf - thought they were all self-fitted?

An intercooler cools down the air that is entering the engine, making it denser and thus more capable of holding fuel, thus creating a larger and more powerful explosion - thus more power.

Does anyone know if the additional stress on the engine reduces it's life - i've heard of so many successful intercooler fittings but what effect does this have?
    ======
    Just gotta finish doing the next mod...

Comment

Originally posted by andy_enuff
      didn't know they made an intercooled surf - thought they were all self-fitted?

An intercooler cools down the air that is entering the engine, making it denser and thus more capable of holding fuel, thus creating a larger and more powerful explosion - thus more power.

Does anyone know if the additional stress on the engine reduces it's life - i've heard of so many successful intercooler fittings but what effect does this have?
      just did a search on the intercooler ,found out all i need to know ,the was one 196 surf i saw today with a bonnet scoop ,the only one in 8 surfs i looked at today 8995 for a 1997/7 surf ,thats some fat cash,mind you they are the dogs b******* ,he had some challengers aswell same kind of money 2.8 versions,prefer surf though ,
      hey just got a new 30 td surf all the gadgets 1997 metallic black niceeeeeeeeee

Comment

Originally posted by HYPERMONKEY
        just did a search on the intercooler ,found out all i need to know ,the was one 196 surf i saw today with a bonnet scoop ,the only one in 8 surfs i looked at today 8995 for a 1997/7 surf ,thats some fat cash,mind you they are the dogs b******* ,he had some challengers aswell same kind of money 2.8 versions,prefer surf though ,
        Got the intercooled Suf on my 98 SSRG 3.0TD. It ups the bhp (by about 10% I seem to recall seeing somewhere) over the standard. The standard 3.0TD is no slouch anyway, or at least the ones I test drove weren't.

Recomend the intercooled version, worth the extra for it, and been pleased with it.
        Live for Today

Comment

Me too it only comes on the 3rd gen 1997 on, it does make a difference the grunt is awsome.
          [U]Cheers Ian[/U]

Comment

Loads of....

I have a non intercooled 3.0ltr td .. with loads and loads of power .. never any probs with that at all.. it's the fuel it burns under load that makes my bank manager depressed !

Comment

Originally posted by InfraRed
              Me too it only comes on the 3rd gen 1997 on, it does make a difference the grunt is awsome.

Mine is a Intercooler mid 1996.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by andy; 1 May 2005, 09:16.

Comment

intercooler

Does an intercooler push up insurance cost or use more fuel?
                I am looking at a 1998 3.0 with an intercooler.

Comment

intercooler

Sorry its a 1997 3rd generation not a 1998.

Comment

Working...
                  X