Number plates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Number plates

picked up my surf (1997 3.0 ssr-x) at lunchtime today, wasn't till i was admiring it from behind with my mate later on i noticed the number was different to what i'd given my insurer!... checked the front and they were different plates!
    so, if your registration is R383 KPH i've got your number plate attatched to the back of my surf!
    do halfords do these jap size plates?
    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Originally posted by dabigman
    picked up my surf (1997 3.0 ssr-x) at lunchtime today, wasn't till i was admiring it from behind with my mate later on i noticed the number was different to what i'd given my insurer!... checked the front and they were different plates!
    so, if your registration is R383 KPH i've got your number plate attatched to the back of my surf!
    not sure about halfords but alot of other places do the import size plates
    [font=Times New Roman][size=3]
    [size=5][/size]
    [/size][/font][font=Times New Roman][size=3][b][i][color=blue]I[/color][color=royalblue]a[/color][color=deepskyblue]n[/color] [color=blue]トヨタの[/color][color=royalblue]波92 のssr[/color][color=deepskyblue][color=royalblue]-g[/color] 擁護者[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]

Comment

Koi had a couple of letters reversed on his. Number plate and reg doc had different No's, I wondered how he got away with speeding through cameras!

Took him a few urgent phone calls to get straighened out for road tax time.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

My tax disc says 'Mitsubishi' but its got my reg on it!

Comment

Why not pop back and see the dealer, I think you said you were getting your new toy from the same guy mine came from (Fleet cars?)? He sorted out extra plates for my trailer when he did the ones for the surf - I'm sure he'd sort yours out too - his mistake after all!!
          Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Its also worth really going through your insurance details with a fine toothed comb. I had been driving mine for a week, when I noticed that they had got one letter wrong, despite me spelling the suffix phonetically. They also had it down as a manual and not an automatic. After referring to the underwriters and holding me on the phone for no less than 1 1/4 hours, they came back and said it would cost me another £53.00. At least Im coveredproperly now.
            It's only a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by kitesurf_phil
              Its also worth really going through your insurance details with a fine toothed comb. I had been driving mine for a week, when I noticed that they had got one letter wrong, despite me spelling the suffix phonetically. They also had it down as a manual and not an automatic. After referring to the underwriters and holding me on the phone for no less than 1 1/4 hours, they came back and said it would cost me another £53.00. At least Im coveredproperly now.

Yep drove around for near on six months, got reminder through for the tax and the reg on the form was wrong. Contacted DVLA who said no its right youv'e got the wrong plates on.
              Because i picked it before the log book was registered the dealer sends off the MOT certificate to apply for the tax and the reg number, some dozy twit at DVLA wrote the wrong reg on the MOT which was the number the dealer made the plates up from.
              Quick trip to Luton DVLA office all sorted.
              As for Halfords don't bother spoke to some idiot who explained to me it was illegal to have square plates on a car.
              Go to a decent car motor spares etc shop and get them done there, make sur you give them the dimensions of the rear plate cause they need to trim it to size
              Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
              My choice
              Back off

Comment

OOOPS someone dropped a clangger
                Live Life To The Full

Comment

I used to work for a main dealer and the amount of times I can remember cars going out with a different plate on the front to the rear is untrue!

I tried to get 2 rear plates for the boat & horse box & it was 50 questions:-

Log book
                  Utility bill
                  What did I have for brekkie
                  Proof of id
                  Great great grandparents signature

I had the vehicle with me, my driving license, I even new the guy who was serving me and his wife BUT still I had to go home and get the REG document.
                  DUNNO'S BACK ..........He never really went away!

Comment

I drove around in my old Renault 11 for about 3 years including several 6 month long trips into Europe from Edinburgh with different plates front and rear. Took my then girlfriends mum (who doesn't drive) to spot it!

Rob

'92 2.4TD SSR-X AUTO
                    --------------------------------------------------------------------
                    "You Sir are drunk!"
                    "Ahh yes Madam, but you are ugly and in the morning I shall be sober."
                    --------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by kitesurf_phil
                      To go back to insurance details, the last twice I have insured my motors there have been errors on the documents which make the quote you get over the phone cheaper than the rivals. When you correct the company they always want more money out of you. I dug my heels in this year with Tesco and eventually got the policy at the price it was qouted at. I had to threaten to complain to every trade body and regulator to get this but they caved in in the end.

If you don't notice the error(ie low miles) and have a claim they are likley not to pay up or reduce the ammount they will pay substancially. Be carefull that some spotty kid on the phone don't stiff you so he can have a better commission....

Phil

Comment

Just registered my Surf at the local office in Northern Ireland. After going through all the forms they tell me the Registration Number will be sent through the post in 7 days! They would'nt tell me there and then.

Luckily my friendly local dealer has lent me some trade plates for a week.
                        '94 3.0TD SSR-G Limited Green over Silver, mmmmmmmmmm!

Comment

Working...
                        X