Turbo Light Whats that?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turbo Light Whats that?

I've just read a thread where someone mentioned a turbo light. Is this a "fault" light or does it simply indicate the turbo is working?
    [COLOR=DarkOrange]Dont Peck SH$T with the Chickens when you can Fly with the Eagles[/COLOR]

Originally posted by skippernicky
    I've just read a thread where someone mentioned a turbo light. Is this a "fault" light or does it simply indicate the turbo is working?

green turbo light on dash comes on when turbo kicks in,

ship

Comment

Originally posted by ship
      green turbo light on dash comes on when turbo kicks in,

ship
      Erm, 3.0 litre 2nd Gen does not have a turbo light !!

Trev
      Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Thanks. That'll save me looking for it and worrying. Minor point... If i dont have a turbo light how will I know if and when it kicks in?
        When should it kick in?
        Thanks
        [COLOR=DarkOrange]Dont Peck SH$T with the Chickens when you can Fly with the Eagles[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by UDTrev
          Erm, 3.0 litre 2nd Gen does not have a turbo light !!

Trev

should have bought a 2.4 then

ship

ps: i must pay more attention

Comment

Originally posted by skippernicky
            Thanks. That'll save me looking for it and worrying. Minor point... If i dont have a turbo light how will I know if and when it kicks in?
            When should it kick in?
            Thanks
            If you can get it to take off like a scalded cat from the lights etc, it's cut in

Seriously I think it's an always running turbo, as opposed to how the old rover 1.8 SLD engine (a two faced engine with bugger all power until 2,500 then hang onto your hat)

Trev
            Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

nickky you'll hear it wizz as you use the car if your using it for towing this will be more so as the turbo works more as its under load, dont forget aswell that after towing or heavy driving leave the car to tick over for at least a minuet to allow the tubo to slow down and everything in the engine to settle as if not this will shorten the life of the turbo.
              if a politition is talking its lying

Comment

Working...
              X