Gas Shock Absorbers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gas Shock Absorbers

After asking this forum on shock advice - I went for the ES 9000s.
    Best part is the Buy 3, get 1 free offer currently on at www.explorerprocomp.co.uk until the end of November. Looking forward to getting them fitted and checking them out.
    I bought a set of £40 springs from Milners and there has been some negative coments on the quality of these. Should I fit them? My surf is dragging its ars around at the moment...

any advice?

Snake, do you by any chance have a wine over grey (J reg I think) surf that's often parked by Sunbury station?

I've often seen a saggy R'sed Surf there! Is it you?!

I lived in Sunbury for a couple of years... just moved 2 weeks ago to Whitton.
    Rob

'92 2.4TD SSR-X AUTO
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    "You Sir are drunk!"
    "Ahh yes Madam, but you are ugly and in the morning I shall be sober."

Comment

No not me - mine is black over black M reg - but probabably similar rear suspension to that grey over red one!

Comment

Ahhh... think I've seen a Black one parked up outside a house on Green Street down by the river... that you?!

Might have been a 4Runner mind you now I think about it.....
        Rob

'92 2.4TD SSR-X AUTO
        "You Sir are drunk!"
        "Ahh yes Madam, but you are ugly and in the morning I shall be sober."

Comment

Originally posted by snake
          After asking this forum on shock advice - I went for the ES 9000s.
          Best part is the Buy 3, get 1 free offer currently on at www.explorerprocomp.co.uk until the end of November. Looking forward to getting them fitted and checking them out.
          I bought a set of £40 springs from Milners and there has been some negative coments on the quality of these. Should I fit them? My surf is dragging its ars around at the moment...

any advice?
          I'd fit them. With a saggy bum they got to be better than what you got. The comments were manily about how strong they looked. You might want to fit them and then get a set from LAsupertrux later and fit them.

Where are you in Sunbury, I used to work at Sunbury Telephone Exchange in Green St about 15 years ago. Also used to live in Ashford common for a couple of years and was born and bought up in Ashford.

Cheers

Comment

Yes - that will be mine. I live near the river in Lower Sunbury along rhe one way stretch - the other end of Green Street to the telephone exchange.
            Thanks for advice - I will fit and look into some stronger LA ones.
            Need to carry a quad bike around - so anything is better than current lights-up stance. Amazing what fits in a Surf!

Comment

Originally posted by snake
              Yes - that will be mine. I live near the river in Lower Sunbury along rhe one way stretch - the other end of Green Street to the telephone exchange.
              Thanks for advice - I will fit and look into some stronger LA ones.
              Need to carry a quad bike around - so anything is better than current lights-up stance. Amazing what fits in a Surf!
              Yep that's why I bought mine, it thinks it's a Transit box van.

Cheers and good luck with the fitting, get some good spring compressors that will make things a lot easier.

Cheers

Comment

I fitted those springs last year and had absolutely no trouble with them. Truck is still sitting level. So go ahead. If they're crap, get different ones!
                Derek :
                1990 Hilux Surf SSR Ltd
                [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]S[/U][/COLOR][/B]ave [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]U[/U][/COLOR][/B]p [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]R[/U][/COLOR][/B]eadies [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]F[/U][/COLOR][/B]ast. Cause you're gonna need them!

Comment

Working...
                X