yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Well one month on and we are here in the Netherlands.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well one month on and we are here in the Netherlands.

Just a quick post to those who know, been out here for about a month, wife came over on the ferry two weeks ago with the Surf.

Never driven abroad before, but soon settled in, and using TomTom Navigator to get us about.

We have Zandvort about 10Kms from us, which is the beach, seen a couple of Wange Wovers driving up and down the beach, just wondering if I can sneak the Surf on there for a play.

Getting looks from the Dutch as we rumble past in the Surf trying to work out where the car is from ( erm GB sticker on the back ), not seen any round here yet, lots of big Ford and Dodge 4x4s though.

Andy
    ( reporting live from Haarlem, Netherlands )

Good to hear that you arrived safely and are settling in. Not too many hiils over there to play on but try and have fun anyway
    Roger

My Pointer ate the dog trainer

Comment

Originally posted by ancl
      Just a quick post to those who know, been out here for about a month, wife came over on the ferry two weeks ago with the Surf.

Never driven abroad before, but soon settled in, and using TomTom Navigator to get us about.

We have Zandvort about 10Kms from us, which is the beach, seen a couple of Wange Wovers driving up and down the beach, just wondering if I can sneak the Surf on there for a play.

Getting looks from the Dutch as we rumble past in the Surf trying to work out where the car is from ( erm GB sticker on the back ), not seen any round here yet, lots of big Ford and Dodge 4x4s though.

Andy
      ( reporting live from Haarlem, Netherlands )
      I often use the ferry from North Shields to Ijmuiden which is just down the road from you. Sometimes while away the time waiting for the ferry at Haarlem/Zandvort. Have you tried the new herring yet - if you don't know what it is and how they eat it - go to Ijmuiden fish market and try it.
      Nil Illigitimi Carborundum

Comment

Originally posted by Silversurfer
        I often use the ferry from North Shields to Ijmuiden which is just down the road from you. Sometimes while away the time waiting for the ferry at Haarlem/Zandvort. Have you tried the new herring yet - if you don't know what it is and how they eat it - go to Ijmuiden fish market and try it.
        Not really started exploring yet, going to try and get down to Hillegom next Saturday to take a look at a scuba diving shop.

Not too keen on fish as a food, but saying that I've tried frikendel over here, and I'm told thats not exactly food either !

Comment

Nice one, glad to see you have settled in OK, enjoy.
          Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
          My choice
          Back off

Comment

Yum ! Yum !

Originally posted by Silversurfer
            New herring - how well I remember that ! And the yunger Bols to go with it

Comment

OranjeBoom or WeissBier [White Beer]....gorgeous stuff
              Gaz

Comment

Working...
              X