X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• desparate 4 a diff!!

I know this should be on parts wanted , b4 anyone starts whinging,
    stuck in spain with a busted diff!!
    But i am in need of a limited slip diff 4 my 1994 4 runner, also needs sending to southern spain , anyone got any ideas
    email wadey6@msn.com
    much appreciated Wade.

Originally posted by wadey6

But i am in need of a limited slip diff 4 my 1994 4 runner, also needs sending to southern spain , anyone got any ideas
    email wadey6@msn.com
    much appreciated Wade.

i also have a diff problem but is still drivable, in my search for a new set of diffs with diffrent ratios i tried " find a part " and other companys like this to see if they could source the parts for me. Within 12 hours i had about 20 phone calls and e-mails with quotes from breakers yards all over the uk!!! most will deliver to a required address.....the only problem i have with this method is that you dont get to see the product before you part with your hard earnt money so to put confidence in some 1 you have never met before to get you the right ratio etc.. deliverd to your house is a little hard to do. every one that i spoke to did not know there was diffrent ratio,s and/or didnt know how to get the axle code from the vehicle.....i have now found a local gearbox rebuilder who will have a look and may be able to give me some options so i will look at the situation again when this as been done.... but iam still looking and hopfull of finding a set of diffs with the ratio i want......

try going onto autotraders website there is a link to find a part and others on there........they may organise delivery to spain you never know its worth a go!!!!!!!!

keep us posted how you get on!!!!!!!!!!!!
    CHEERS JOHN................

Comment

Originally posted by wadey6
      email wadey6@msn.com
      much appreciated Wade.
      How desperate are you? Any diff will fit and get you home, if its a different ratio you just can't use 4wd. I have plenty of rear diffs available.

If you interested let me know and we'll make inquires for shipping. Or source a pickup rear diff locally.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Ey man, I'm from Barcelona and I've my stock LSD sitting in my garage cause I put a Detroit Soft Locker in the rear of my 4Runner.

If you're still needed contact me at david@corbiser.com

David
        '94 4Runner 3.0TD - SAS'ed on 35's

Comment

diff' icutly

I am in need of a diff for a 1994 4 runner 3.0 v6 limited slip diff am willin to pay shipment to marbella area , do you have one ?? wadey6@msn.com

Comment

diff update

can anyone out there tell me what the axle code for a 3.0 td surf is which is located on the chassis info plate on the bulkhead, as I have been offered a diff from one and I need to compare codes to see if they are similar mine is g255, it is the third group code in the bottom row of numbers, cheers

Comment

diff

Hi Tony thx for replying, I want to put a diff in that will work in all ranges , wether it has to be a limited slip diff or not I do not know , my axle code is G255 , ratio 4.556, 8in gear 4 pinion lsd, do you have anything that fits and will work properly, I am no mechanic basic fitting is about my limit, Cheers Wade.
              Originally posted by TonyN
              How desperate are you? Any diff will fit and get you home, if its a different ratio you just can't use 4wd. I have plenty of rear diffs available.

If you interested let me know and we'll make inquires for shipping. Or source a pickup rear diff locally.

Comment

still harpin on about diff!!

After searchin most of andalucia it seemed, found a diff in a scrappy about 15mins from me for 150 euros off of a landcruiser, different ratio but it gets us around , a mate stripped the old diff down and found the centre of the large plate that the crown wheel bolts to had sheared out completely, since then he has been lookin for a replacement part to no avail as any supplier reckons thats the only thing that should never break,
                got any ideas what that plate is called ??
                few other internal bits got messed up aswell but pinion and crown are in tact so we may try swappin them onto the landcruiser diff , to maintain correct ratio
                any advise appreciated!
                asta luego hombres!

Comment

Working...
                X