Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exhaust Help Please !

Help please !

I need to get a new exhaust middle section ( box ) and tail section for my Surf.

Just had a quick look at prices and am a bit flustered.

Milners - Box £80.00 & Tail Pipe £56.00

Roughtrax - Box £169.00 & Tail Pipe £95.00

Why the massive difference ( presuming i can read ok and have got this right ! )

It does not say one is Stainless etc.

Anybody bought these PARTS ELSEWHERE?

Cheers
    3RD GEN 3.0TD 1996 SSR-X BLUE OVER SILVER

roughtrax may be a ginuwine toyota?...

maybe it's worth speaking to barry there and seeing what he can do?
    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Pop to your local garage and ask them for some prices. 3rd Gens use the same as the Colorado, so it should be easy to get a wide array of prices.

Andy

Comment

I used these http://www.buypartsby.co.uk/ £56 plus VAT plus £7 postage for my middle section, TIMAX 2 year warrantee. I assume your surf is a 3rd Gen seeing that it's a 96 model. If it is the Colorado LWB uses the same part.
        Forgotten what it was like to change an exhaust myself, had aches where I had forgotten I had muscles and all to save £30 on Qwik Fit prices.
        [U]Cheers Ian[/U]

Comment

Exhausts

Originally posted by Cockney Surfer
          Help please !

I need to get a new exhaust middle section ( box ) and tail section for my Surf.

Just had a quick look at prices and am a bit flustered.

Milners - Box £80.00 & Tail Pipe £56.00

Roughtrax - Box £169.00 & Tail Pipe £95.00

Why the massive difference ( presuming i can read ok and have got this right ! )

It does not say one is Stainless etc.

Anybody bought these PARTS ELSEWHERE?

Cheers
          I changed the same bits recently, with spares from Milners.
          The tailpipe is a pattern part but without the small box fitted to original exhausts.
          The main box, often called pipe 3, from Milners, is a genuine Toyota part.
          Both fitted easily, once I had removed the flange bolts! If you have access to any impact tools I would advise these for removing the bolts. These are a a very fine non-standard pitch thread. I stripped the hex corners using normal ring spanners. I ended up drilling right through and fitting bolts instead.

Colin

Comment

Working...
          X