Wheel Bearings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheel Bearings

I have priced some front bearings from Milners and Roughtrax, can anyone advise who does the best or most reliable ones.

Originally posted by Foxhill
    I have priced some front bearings from Milners and Roughtrax, can anyone advise who does the best or most reliable ones.
    Roughtrax. Several people on here (inc me) have had milners ones crumble up after a week or two's driving.

Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

I would have a word with your mechanic, perhaps he didn't know with the Milner bearings that a angle grinder was a no no

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][COLOR=Magenta][SIZE=2][B]SEWERAT BOB[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]

[SIZE=3][COLOR=SeaGreen][I][COLOR=Lime][B]I just sit here & looks out to sea or if i'm really rushed then i just sits here & continues to look out to sea[/B][/COLOR][/I][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

Feck! I have 2 milners ones i was gonna put in this weekend. Probably shouldnt risk it. Are they a standard size i can get at a bearing suppliers, does anyone know?
        Derek :
        1990 Hilux Surf SSR Ltd
        [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]S[/U][/COLOR][/B]ave [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]U[/U][/COLOR][/B]p [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]R[/U][/COLOR][/B]eadies [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]F[/U][/COLOR][/B]ast. Cause you're gonna need them!

Comment

Originally posted by Delboy
          Feck! I have 2 milners ones i was gonna put in this weekend. Probably shouldnt risk it. Are they a standard size i can get at a bearing suppliers, does anyone know?
          When I wanted some for the rear this company had them listed for the surf, all they needed was the chassis number and year.

http://www.brt-bearings.com/1024x768...utomotive.html

Comment

Originally posted by Sewerat
            I would have a word with your mechanic, perhaps he didn't know with the Milner bearings that a angle grinder was a no no

Hehehe... not just us - couple of others on here had the same problem without a grinder!!
            Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Delboy
              You might be ok, we might just have got a dodgy batch. It was around Chrimbo people were complaining, and I know a couple of us let Milners know so they might have changed supplier now.

Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Linda
                You might be ok, we might just have got a dodgy batch. It was around Chrimbo people were complaining, and I know a couple of us let Milners know so they might have changed supplier now.

I actually bought these bearings about 2 years ago thinking i needed them, but didnt. Pretty sure i need them now though! Maybe i'll try somewhere else.
                Cheers
                Derek :
                1990 Hilux Surf SSR Ltd
                [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]S[/U][/COLOR][/B]ave [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]U[/U][/COLOR][/B]p [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]R[/U][/COLOR][/B]eadies [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]F[/U][/COLOR][/B]ast. Cause you're gonna need them!

Comment

Working...
                X