No announcement yet.

airgun BBS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well I think they're cool... (I know what ya mean, some idiots aint got any brains)

and as an aside - this forum's been mentioned on the airgun boards a few times now - looks like we getting even more famous!
    Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt
      still, tools are pretty cool sometimes..
      My Snap On breaker bar is well cool, but I'm not going to go round and club innocent babies with it, so if I get wood over a cool gun, doesn't mean I'm gonna go postal up the town with it either.

But I know what you mean, I was only being silly cos thats what I do best!
      4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by Linda

Hawks is cool - what type??
        Honey, you can't say that, townies will accuse you of being a bloodthirsty killer bird user.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

honey! honey! OMG!

nearly bought a barn owl the other day - used to fly buzzards, kestrels and owls
          Dave

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
            Honey, you can't say that, townies will accuse you of being a bloodthirsty killer bird user.

At least they are doing what they do in the wild..... Dont tell me Laura's not better looking than a gun!

Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Linda
              Mmm - I might have to host a pest control Surf weekend soon... ****** rabbits are destroying my fields!!
              I could be up for that - airguns or shotguns?
              Peter

I am not a number. I am a FREE MAN!

Comment

Originally posted by Draig
                honey! honey! OMG!

nearly bought a barn owl the other day - used to fly buzzards, kestrels and owls
                Ooohh nice... I'd love to own one but dont have the expertise yet - prob get a Harris Hawk like Laura to start with as they are easier, and sociable so you can go out with others. I love kestrels and merlins best though.
                Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

so if i bring my mate with his harris, we will be ok then... hawks are way coool!!!
                  i think guns are cool too but youhave to be sooo careful..
                  shotguns are just too noisy!
                  it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Rabbits - shooting - ah, for once i want to move down south

wish i was nearer

ATB

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by Smokin
                      Rabbits - shooting - ah, for once i want to move down south

wish i was nearer

ATB

Chris
                      Surely there must be some rough shooting available round there? An ex-colleague of mine has done some rabbiting somewhere up north of Water, but I can't remember where... (Long time since I've been up there)
                      Peter

Comment

I do pest control on 2 farms up my way, one takes me over an hour to walk across the land end to end - a few thousand acres, great hilly countryside, see a lot of other wildlife - birds, deer, red squirrels as well as the poor rabbits.
                        Also get to take the 4runner around 1 farmwhich is good fun - offroading, and often can get closer to the rabbits in the 4runner than i can on foot.
                        Landcruiser Colorado
                        Sub. Forester

Comment

Originally posted by andycook
                          [snip] often can get closer to the rabbits in the 4runner than i can on foot.
                          I get to do this in the summer holidays in the West Country - I'm normally down there at cauliflower planting time, when the fields get swept every few nights, using a pickup and spotlight, until the caulis are big enough that the bunnies lose interest. Up 'til that point, the rabbits can strip a field faster than it can be planted.
                          Shooting from the back of a Skoda pickup doing 40mph across a field is, ummm, exciting - wouldn't want to do this in my own vehicle, but the bloke who drives is used to it (i.e. does it all the time ).
                          Very quiet this year, as there had been a myxy outbreak on one of the neighbouring farms, so very few around, in contrast to last year, when we had several 50+ hauls.
                          They don't always seem to connect the car with people, for some reason.
                          Peter

Comment

shot from the surf a few times - on the farm rabbiting, but maily when ratting in the waste transfer yard - you wouldnt want to be standing!!! - ****** rats get everywhere!

so you have a knowledge of my area beaky? - water etc - im a stacksteads man meself

ATB

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by Smokin
                              shot from the surf a few times - on the farm rabbiting, but maily when ratting in the waste transfer yard - you wouldnt want to be standing!!! - ****** rats get everywhere!

so you have a knowledge of my area beaky? - water etc - im a stacksteads man meself

ATB

Chris
                              Used to work for a company that had it head office/factory in Lumb, so was up there fairly often for meetings/company ****-ups etc. Factory moved to Northants in 95ish, so haven't been up there since (and I've changed jobs twice since then as well ).
                              Peter

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainBeaky
                                Used to work for a company that had it head office/factory in Lumb, so was up there fairly often for meetings/company ****-ups etc. Factory moved to Northants in 95ish, so haven't been up there since (and I've changed jobs twice since then as well ).

would that've been lambert howarths' or hursts? - had to be footwear?

ATB

Chris

Comment

Working...
                                X