Year of manufacture.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Year of manufacture.

My surf was sold to me as a 1992 model, but after looking at my V5 and mot certificate which states "approx year manufacture - 1990" im not sure it is. Can I tell the year of manufacture from the chassis number or any other way?

Originally posted by RMS_CLK
    My surf was sold to me as a 1992 model, but after looking at my V5 and mot certificate which states "approx year manufacture - 1990" im not sure it is. Can I tell the year of manufacture from the chassis number or any other way?
    Check where the front seatbelts are attached to the pillar near the floor, there will be a tag sewn into them here which states among other things, the year of manufacture, might give the month too but I'm not sure.
    Maurice
    Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

thanks mate.

Comment

You could look here,

Trev
        Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

thanks, checked the tags at the belt anchors and its a 1990. Dirty salesman told me it was a 1992. Git.

Comment

if it's registered as a 92 then that's nots so bad... mines a 96 on a 97 plate... mind you, 2 yrs is a longer time than usual between yrs
            nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

my j plate has 2003 on the belts....
              it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Did you buy from a dealer or private. If you bought from a dealer and have anything (i.e. sales receipt) saying it's a 1992 and you can prove it's 1990, then you can sue as it's not as described. If it was a private sale, then a lot more difficult to get any satisfaction.
                Mike G

Comment

Working...
                X