Engine Oil.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine Oil.

What would be the problem using filtered, used, engine oil mixed with diesel.
    Only curious.
    Thanks Philip
    Still Searching,
    Dick Whittington

Originally posted by Philip
    Only curious.
    Thanks Philip
    what for?
    fuel?

i'd imagine it would pour a load of smoke out the back and smell as if you're burning oil.
    Last edited by da SLUG man; 14 April 2005, 11:30.
    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Fuel, but of course realise it would need to be filtered. Not thinking of it for myself, just curious.
      Still Searching,
      Dick Whittington

Comment

Loads of black smoke - emmission laws, clogged up fuel system?

Why??

Comment

Originally posted by Philip
          Only curious.
          Thanks Philip
          This cropped up before on the first veg-oil thread, but you'd have to do a lot of scrolling to find it, down to post#66 in fact.

Here's what I said then....

Originally posted by Morr
          This is also something that crops up from time to time in the veg-oil community, the simple answer is yet it will burn in a Diesel engine (when mixed with regular Diesel) with broadly similar characteristics to Diesel. However, from an environmental viewpoint it's just as bad as pouring it down the drain!

Don’t Do It !

The waste engine oil contains heavy metals from the inside of the engine, it also contains various noxious chemicals from its original composition and as a result of its time spent in the engine. Burning this oil will release these compounds into the atmosphere, a definite no no. Also from an environmental viewpoint with regard to the carbon cycle, it’s based on fossil fuel and once its gone, its gone. Unlike the veg-oil scenario you cannot grow more of it.
          Best to send it for recycling in the normal manner, please don’t burn it.
          Last edited by Morr; 14 April 2005, 13:17.
          Maurice
          Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

Thanks all

Wasn't thinking of using it.
            Rgds Philip

Originally posted by Morr
            This cropped up before on the first veg-oil thread, but you'd have to do a lot of scrolling to find it, down to post#66 in fact.

Here's what I said then....
            Still Searching,
            Dick Whittington

Comment

Working...
            X