Parking Mirror

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking Mirror

Does anyone know how you're supposed to use them? When I'm the correct distance from the kerk I can't see it, and it doesn't appear to be adjustable.

What's it all about?

Originally posted by filgreen
    Does anyone know how you're supposed to use them? When I'm the correct distance from the kerk I can't see it, and it doesn't appear to be adjustable.

What's it all about?

I think its a requirement by law in Japan, to have them on big motors. It is however useless if your surf is wide-bodied as all you can see is the arches.

I think you can adjust some of the mirrors if you take the casing off, I`m not sure what ones are adjustable though.

Comment

Phil

Its for checking that the snow chains are still fitted.

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][COLOR=Magenta][SIZE=2][B]SEWERAT BOB[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]

[SIZE=3][COLOR=SeaGreen][I][COLOR=Lime][B]I just sit here & looks out to sea or if i'm really rushed then i just sits here & continues to look out to sea[/B][/COLOR][/I][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

The glass part of the mirror is actually on a pivot. THey just tend to jam up a little
        !!! I'M THE ONE YOUR MOTHER WARNED YOU ABOUT !!!

Comment

I too could not figure out what use it was so had it removed. Have to say the lines of the Surf look a lot cleaner without it.
          Attached Files
          Visit all the Surfin Elkhounds at [url="http://www.malenibo.co.uk/"]www.malenibo.co.uk[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by Malenibo
            I too could not figure out what use it was so had it removed. Have to say the lines of the Surf look a lot cleaner without it.
            what did you stick in the holes?
            nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
              what did you stick in the holes?
              Had then welded up and the wing resprayed. The body shop did a great job of matching the paint colour, you would never know it was ever fitted and it confuses the hell out of those who believe they know about cars because they immediately think it is a UK spec vehicle. Can not remember who I gave the mirror to but I believe somewhere out there is a second gen model fitted with a 3rd gen mirror, now that is a one off
              Visit all the Surfin Elkhounds at [url="http://www.malenibo.co.uk/"]www.malenibo.co.uk[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by Malenibo
                Had then welded up and the wing resprayed. The body shop did a great job of matching the paint colour, you would never know it was ever fitted and it confuses the hell out of those who believe they know about cars because they immediately think it is a UK spec vehicle. Can not remember who I gave the mirror to but I believe somewhere out there is a second gen model fitted with a 3rd gen mirror, now that is a one off
                mines in a cardboard box!... just got 2 holes in wing now!
                nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Working...
                X