Which importer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which importer?

Hi People, anyone out there know a good importer of surfs. Should i use an agent? import myself? Or use an existing dealer? What are the risk factors associated with doing this?

Originally posted by Bobafet
    Hi People, anyone out there know a good importer of surfs. Should i use an agent? import myself? Or use an existing dealer? What are the risk factors associated with doing this?
    Here's a good thread on importing:

http://www.yotasurf-online.co.uk/pub...ight=importing

Didn't quite turn into a flame war......

Nevillef
    Last edited by laser_jock99; 10 April 2005, 08:27.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobafet
      Try giving chequered Flag a ring in Leeds 0113 244 2498, 0113 270 9199, I bought my 95 3.0 G Spec from them they were brilliant, they have there own Toyota mechanics working there, all Surfs are sold with 3 months parts & labour warranty, you probably pay a little bit more but there is no hassle

Comment

Good link that Nev

Bobafet,
        Everyone has there own ideas M8, so i would recommend that you look around the forum, see who's done what?

Import, Import agent, forecourts, E-bay, forum, etc etc

Check out prices from all sources, visit forecourts & kick tyres, ask questions on Surf's to the salesman etc etc.

In passing there appears some good Surf's for sale on the forum, plus there are the likes of Andy & Hilux Bob who sell them as a business.

One persons way may not be to your liking so look around get a feel of Surf's then start down the road to hell or is it heaven ( Chris Rea )

Good luck M8, i'm sure after you have bought a baby Surf !!!!!!!!!!!
        [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][COLOR=Magenta][SIZE=2][B]SEWERAT BOB[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]

[SIZE=3][COLOR=SeaGreen][I][COLOR=Lime][B]I just sit here & looks out to sea or if i'm really rushed then i just sits here & continues to look out to sea[/B][/COLOR][/I][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by Sewerat
          One persons way may not be to your liking so look around get a feel of Surf's then start down the road to hell or is it heaven ( Chris Rea )
          chris reas dad used to be my dads ice cream man!... (that's my claim to fame!)
          nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

And thers me thinking you only had a scots blood line, now he wants teeside water in his pipework
            [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][COLOR=Magenta][SIZE=2][B]SEWERAT BOB[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]

[SIZE=3][COLOR=SeaGreen][I][COLOR=Lime][B]I just sit here & looks out to sea or if i'm really rushed then i just sits here & continues to look out to sea[/B][/COLOR][/I][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

And thers me thinking you only had a scots blood line, now he wants teeside water in his pipework
              oh yeah!... me dads a mackem!...
              nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

You guys r great!!

Good link that Nev

Bobafet,
                Everyone has there own ideas M8, so i would recommend that you look around the forum, see who's done what?

Import, Import agent, forecourts, E-bay, forum, etc etc

Check out prices from all sources, visit forecourts & kick tyres, ask questions on Surf's to the salesman etc etc.

In passing there appears some good Surf's for sale on the forum, plus there are the likes of Andy & Hilux Bob who sell them as a business.

Good luck M8, i'm sure after you have bought a baby Surf !!!!!!!!!!!
                Just to say thanx again 4 your advise. Think I may have to buy a Surf just to be a member of this forum!

Comment

Importers

Bobafet,
                  Sorry gave you the wrong number for chequered Flag correct No is 0113 271 1366, to quote sewerat bob ask as many questions as you can, test drive as many surfs as you can before you make a choice, I drove some right dogs before I found the right one, I am glad I did please listen to people and don't rush in, there are plenty of cowboy importers out there waiting to take your hard earned cash.

Comment

Working...
                  X