'91 pickup / '91 surf first cousins?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '91 pickup / '91 surf first cousins?

Rec'd an enquiry about my engineless surf tonite. The fella has a '91 pickup needing with a 5" suspension lift. His engine is good, the body is bad.

He's thinkin bout putting his engine into mine OR putting the surf shell onto his.

The surf shared its chassis with the pickup but to what extent? How are we fixed for engine mounts and body mounts??? Is it that the pickup is short 2 body mounts, think I might have read that - not the end of the world?

Its ok i did thesearch. The only thing is the engine swop, are the rails the same distance apart?

Comment

Originally posted by JimL
      Its ok i did thesearch. The only thing is the engine swop, are the rails the same distance apart?
      Reckon it should be fairly do-able, I've seen a few pick-up's for sale in the past with big lifts etc which stated they were on a surf chassis, altough which gen chassis I don't know.
      AFAIK the chassis rails should be virtually identical except in the areas where the suspension is mounted. Distance apart etc should be the same.
      Maurice
      Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

Working...
      X