No announcement yet.

Is There An Aisan Carb Guru Out There?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is There An Aisan Carb Guru Out There?

Totally non-Surf related. I have a carb problem on my other 4x4. It won't tickover under 1500RPM and even then it's as lumpy as Mrs KS's gravy. As soon as it reaches normal temperature it cuts out. i thought it must be flooding, made the mixture a bit leaner and it still cuts out. It's a twin choke job with at least 9 vacuum pipes.
    It's only a hobby!

Originally posted by kitesurf_phil
    Totally non-Surf related. I have a carb problem on my other 4x4. It won't tickover under 1500RPM and even then it's as lumpy as Mrs KS's gravy. As soon as it reaches normal temperature it cuts out. i thought it must be flooding, made the mixture a bit leaner and it still cuts out. It's a twin choke job with at least 9 vacuum pipes.
    The Guru says .............................. .....chuck it in the bin and fit a Weber . The carb on our green van is the same and many others have the same prob .
    Alternative is to get a 1.5 SU carb off a Mini and the carb mounting off the manifold and weld it to the Zook manifold . Ray does the as a kit but loads a money .
    Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Originally posted by Vagrant No2
      The Guru says .............................. .....chuck it in the bin and fit a Weber . The carb on our green van is the same and many others have the same prob .
      Alternative is to get a 1.5 SU carb off a Mini and the carb mounting off the manifold and weld it to the Zook manifold . Ray does the as a kit but loads a money .
      i got a twin choke webber that came off a 1275GT, going on Delbay soon unless your interested

Steve
      Should have bought a 3ltr

Comment

Theres a Weber adaptor plate on eBay at the moment. Gotta be worth a look. They reckon a Weber off a Sierra will do but you need to change the jets.
        It's only a hobby!

Comment

Theres a Weber adaptor plate on eBay at the moment. Gotta be worth a look. They reckon a Weber off a Sierra will do but you need to change the jets.
          A carb of an old Nissan Bluebird is a direct fit according to Bobert(?) from Cumbria . He posted ages ago .

Comment

Originally posted by Esamed
            i got a twin choke webber that came off a 1275GT, going on Delbay soon unless your interested

Steve
            I certainly am Steve. Can you PM me and let me know how many beer vouchers you require?

Cheers

Phil.
            It's only a hobby!

Comment

I certainly am Steve. Can you PM me and let me know how many beer vouchers you require?

Cheers

Phil.
              That should be a 28/36 DGV . Should be just right .

Comment

Hi mate - i thought that the car should rev up to 2000rpm ish and then go to idle once warm. If it doesnt i think the autochoke is knackered.
                Weber will be no good if you ever get to 45degrees in the Zuki. I thinks thats right - its what the guy form ADK told me when we had a chat the other day. www.adksuzukispares.co.uk
                Tim
                Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Originally posted by dirtydog
                  Hi mate - i thought that the car should rev up to 2000rpm ish and then go to idle once warm. If it doesnt i think the autochoke is knackered.
                  Weber will be no good if you ever get to 45degrees in the Zuki. I thinks thats right - its what the guy form ADK told me when we had a chat the other day. www.adksuzukispares.co.uk
                  Thats why the SU carb is the best conversion . It can work at more sever angles of acent and decent with no fuel supply probs as long as you have good fuel pressure .

Comment

Can't I fit it to the manifold with a self levelling tube fitting?
                    It's only a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by dirtydog
                      that's why you see suzuki's going half way up hills and then rolling back down!... all adds to the fun!!
                      trick is, nail it more and longer run ups!
                      nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Working...
                      X