Advice needed from union rep?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice needed from union rep?

Hi Guys and Gals. I need help on a work issue and wondered if anyone on the forum was union minded or had a knowledge of work law.

I use MY OWN car for work and they reimburse my expenses, however today they have told me that i must remove stickers that i have on MY car because it gives the wrong company image!! (!!!!!! cheek)

My argument is that they only pay expenses so have no say in what i put on my car! (if they paid car allowance i would give them the benefit of the doubt) Does any one know the legal position? can they tell me what i can and cant have on my own car? the next thing they will be telling me to remove the bull bar and lights!!

Sorry to ramble on but this one has !!!!ed me off!!

THE ORIGINAL CRAZY BITCH!

Originally posted by crazybitch
    Hi Guys and Gals. I need help on a work issue and wondered if anyone on the forum was union minded or had a knowledge of work law.

I use MY OWN car for work and they reimburse my expenses, however today they have told me that i must remove stickers that i have on MY car because it gives the wrong company image!! (!!!!!! cheek)

My argument is that they only pay expenses so have no say in what i put on my car! (if they paid car allowance i would give them the benefit of the doubt) Does any one know the legal position? can they tell me what i can and cant have on my own car? the next thing they will be telling me to remove the bull bar and lights!!

They are talking !!!!e...
    Do you have anything in writting to say what type of car or what condition it should be in or any "company ethics" that you singed you would apply too??
    ?how long have they been paying you for travling to work in it?
    Mark

Comment

DO THEY OWN A LANDROVER??
      (\__/)
      (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
      (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by madcampbell
        They are talking !!!!e...
        Do you have anything in writting to say what type of car or what condition it should be in or any "company ethics" that you singed you would apply too??
        ?how long have they been paying you for travling to work in it?
        Mark

Nothing signed and nothing in writing! Had an argument over mileage expenses not being paid and won so i think they are just trying to get back at me! (that kind of organisation) Have been using the car for over 12 months with no complaints! 4 runner in good condition well maintained and clean and tidy. the alleged complaint has come from one of our own managers not from any of the organisations i visit!

Comment

depends if the sticker says my company sucks !!!!!!!!! then i think i would be a bit miffed

what exactly do the stickers say???
          if a politition is talking its lying

Comment

I too have to use my car for work as a Traffic Signal Engineer for a local authority. I get paid an allowance for tax and insurance plus a mileage allowance. However it is in my contract of employment to provide a vehicle, the only criteria being that it is 'suitable for carrying other officers of the authority' when required. There are two catagories of car user a) Essential User b) Casual user. Unless your contract of employment states you have to provide a vehicle you are therefore a casual user and as such don't even have to provide a vehicle at all unless you choose to. When I worked for private companies it was as a casual user and if they gave me any grief about carrying equipment or other people in my car I used to turn up on my motorbike and there was naff all they could do about it.
            Nil Illigitimi Carborundum

Comment

Im going through a grievance procedure at work for car allowance i am owed as i did my cartilage in. Came off the company car scheme due to medical reasons but as the XRAYS showed no problems Occupational Health Nurse said it was not viable. XRAYS dont show muscle ligaments etc Mainly bone so im fighting for £1200 im owed in car allowance. As long as the vehicle is fit for the job I have no problems.
              (\__/)
              (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by firefly
                depends if the sticker says my company sucks !!!!!!!!! then i think i would be a bit miffed

what exactly do the stickers say???
                The front says CRAZYBITCH the rear says GO ON THEN SMALL DICK PASS ME
                the one on the back is behind tinted windows so you have to really look for it!

Comment

Thats it then he's obviously embarrassed about his MANHOOD
                  (\__/)
                  (")_(")

Comment

yep - bet the guy who complained has a small dick

Comment

Rick
                      Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Originally posted by marky
                        Thats it then he's obviously embarrassed about his MANHOOD
                        That was my initial thought!!! but the more he went on the more i became convinced he was being a complete prick!

Comment

That was my initial thought!!! but the more he went on the more i became convinced he was being a complete prick!
                          Ask him why its not suitable.
                          (\__/)
                          (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by marky
                            Ask him why its not suitable.
                            Tell him your a member of the Hilux Surf Forum and were a bit like Hells Angels but on 4 wheels. If you get anymore grief then 4000 Surfers will turn up in his back garden for a bit of off road practice

Comment

maybe he's a small Member himself
                              tell him to WHISTLE
                              Enjoying Life after Cancer
                              Pops

Comment

Working...
                              X