Not another one!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not another one!!

Just need some advice!!! I had the bad news today from my mechanic that I cracked my head and totally cooked the motor. Great, What should i do.. Buy a re con motor or try sell it to a wrecker or something as it is in good nick... The reson i say this is because ive been quoted around $6000 (aus) to fix and the car is probably worth around $13,000... Has anybody had the same episode or can someone enlighten me on some great geniousism.. Appreciated

Same thing happened to me recently with my 2.4 (lots of overheating problems, 2 cracked rads, then diagnosed with head crack), spent loads on new head and fixing it but then the crankshaft broke! Replacement engine was about the same cost as a new head/repair but then you have no idea on the state of the engine.

I decided then to cut my losses and sell as a breaker. Now got a 2nd gen 95 3.0 and I do not regret the decision at all, its a great engine, much much better than the 2.4. Although it has obviously cost me a fair bit of money, luckily I had a bit of a windfall that allowed me to do this.

But I guess it all depends on how much you can get for it, how much you got to spend and how much a new truck is going to be...
    No longer a Surf owner.

Comment

Working...
    X