3rd gen dodgy clock, any advice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3rd gen dodgy clock, any advice?

Yo peeps, the lcd clock on my 3rd gen surf is playing up (like going blank sometimes when i switch the ignition on, and staying that way) and i miss it a lot, any ideas on what to do or how to repair it?, is it a new clock & if so how much of a job is it to fit and where do i get one?

Thanks in advance of all your vast knowledge!!

Iain
    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal labotomy

Originally posted by rsvr
    Yo peeps, the lcd clock on my 3rd gen surf is playing up (like going blank sometimes when i switch the ignition on, and staying that way) and i miss it a lot, any ideas on what to do or how to repair it?, is it a new clock & if so how much of a job is it to fit and where do i get one?

Thanks in advance of all your vast knowledge!!

Iain
    Have you tried the obvious? i.e. loose connector. Mine did the same on my 3rd gen and it was a loose connector.
    Live for Today

Comment

I think mine is on its way out too, if you just give it a tap around the top part of the clock (next to where your hazard light button is) it seems to work for a while. I know its not very technical, but thats me!
      SilverSurfer11
      Last edited by silversurfer11; 1 April 2005, 20:31.
      http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/php_lib/view_rigs.php

Comment

Originally posted by Cumbrian
        Have you tried the obvious? i.e. loose connector. Mine did the same on my 3rd gen and it was a loose connector.

Cumbrian, have not checked anything as of yet, how do you get acess to the connector? if i press the hour/minute buttons it comes on for a bit and buggers off again, i am getting pi**ed off with it now so any help is appreciated mate.

Iain
        I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal labotomy

Comment

I cannot comment on the 3rd gen, but on my 2nd gen cannot see the clock half the time, steering wheel and wiper arm is always in the way

Trev
          Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

I dont know - all you 3rd Gen owners with your motors falling to pieces!
            I'd say loose connector if it comes on when you press it.
            Tim
            Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Working...
            X