Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1997 SSRX and Heated Wing Mirrors?

Hi all,

Thought I would ask hear since this forum appears to have a wealth of Knowledge.

Question is - I have a 1997 SSRX Limited. Going to work this morning, it was a bit frosty, I noticed the driver mirror appeared heated and cleared but my passenger mirror did not seem to clear. Should both be heated or is it just the driver mirror?

Originally posted by s_wilson
    Hi all,

Thought I would ask hear since this forum appears to have a wealth of Knowledge.

Question is - I have a 1997 SSRX Limited. Going to work this morning, it was a bit frosty, I noticed the driver mirror appeared heated and cleared but my passenger mirror did not seem to clear. Should both be heated or is it just the driver mirror?
    This topic cropped up a while back, and the general opinion was that we had no heated mirrors .
    Since you reckon yours might have, do you have a seperate switch for them, or d'ya reckon they are linked to the HRW ?
    Maurice
    Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

not sure but . . .

Hi,

I only have buttons for mirror angle left and right and an electric side mirror retract button that folds the wing mirrors in. I am unsure if they are activated when the rear heated screen is on or not. I only noticed that my drivers mirror defrosted fairly quickly whilst the passenger mirror did not and remained misted.

Anyone else have any ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by s_wilson
        Hi,

I only have buttons for mirror angle left and right and an electric side mirror retract button that folds the wing mirrors in. I am unsure if they are activated when the rear heated screen is on or not. I only noticed that my drivers mirror defrosted fairly quickly whilst the passenger mirror did not and remained misted.

Anyone else have any ideas?
        You have a heated rear window that WORKS as well as heated side mirrors??? That must be a very rare SURF you have there...
        Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Linda
          You have a heated rear window that WORKS as well as heated side mirrors??? That must be a very rare SURF you have there...

I'd settle for a heated rear window!!!!
          Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Draig

I'd settle for a heated rear window!!!!
            Yes thats OK for you lot.............

I would Like a rear window..(plus the rest of the Surf that goes with it )
            NEVER REGRET THE THINGS YOU HAVE DONE...REGRET THE THINGS YOU HAVEN'T

Comment

Working...
            X