• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Odometer Switch

Tested and works for
    Hilux Surf KZN130 & LandCruiser 80 Series
    (Have exactly the same Speedo/odo)

After searching around trying to find a method to put a switch on the odometer but having little luck here is a write up how I did it.

Remove the instrument cluster then remove the speedo gauge. Flip upside down and locate the 6 pins for the stepper motor that controls the odometer/trip counter.

Break the electrical path between the middle set of pins and the resistor. Can be cut with a sharp craft knife.

Next solder 2 wires one to the resistor and the other to the middle 2 pins. I wired this to the suspension switch on the dash as I have upgraded to aftermarket shocks and no longer needed.

With a dap of silicone to hold the wires in place on the circuit board the gauge can be reinstated and cluster/dash put back together .

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20220930_104813.jpg Views:	1917 Size:	3.45 MB ID:	1297206Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20220930_084639.jpg Views:	1716 Size:	2.54 MB ID:	1297207Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20220930_084646.jpg Views:	1791 Size:	1.47 MB ID:	1297208
    Last edited by SoloNZ; 24 April 2024, 14:31.

Well done. What year/model was it? I have a 98 Toyota Regius 1KZ that I am looking at options for.

Comment

1993 Hilux Surf 1kz

If the speedo has this arm stopper it means it's electric and can be modified. If it doesn't it's cable driven and can't.

Comment

Where abouts in NZ you based? Wouldnt do it on my 80 series would you?

Comment

Originally posted by 80serieschch View Post
          Where abouts in NZ you based? Wouldnt do it on my 80 series would you?
          Hey Mate did you try this? Did it work?

Comment

Working...
          X