Insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insurance

Just spoke to Adrian Flux who couldn't give me a reasonable quote at all. Lifesure have been the best so far but Liverpool Victoria absolutely won't do Hilux's even though I told them that I knew they were already insuring people. Apparently their policies have changed and they are very specific about which imports they insure. Anyone got any companies to try?

cheers

tesco's. beat any others i tried.
    2nd time unlucky with an import

Comment

A-Plan came out on top for me

Trev
      Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Originally posted by UDTrev
        A-Plan came out on top for me

Trev
        Me too by miles for the surf.
        Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

re Insurance

I agree that A plan are cheap but I found that I get breakdown cover included with Footman James.

Search under insurance and you will find a list by Koi giving contact details for a load of companies. Play one against the other if you dare and beat them down.

Steve

Comment

Not only that the Footman James breakdown policy is a european one which also covers caravans if less than 7.6 metres. My policy cost me £330 and I'm about to go on my second trip to France, this time with the van in tow. I have saved substantially.
            [U]Cheers Ian[/U]

Comment

only downside to footman james is they are brokers issueing their own cerstificates which arent recognized by some other companies, so proving ncb can be a pain. still, got no intention of changing, so that dont matter
              it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

That's strange about liverpool victoria. I just called them last thursday and they quoted me £297.00 for my surf. Might be worth giving them a ring back !
                !!! I'M THE ONE YOUR MOTHER WARNED YOU ABOUT !!!

Comment

Bevan Brown have come up with a good offer but Footman- James were nearly 200 quid more expensive. Is it the same Liverpool Victoria we are on about. I checked the website www.liverpoolvictoria.co.uk are these the right guys?
                  Last edited by Zak; 1 April 2005, 10:09.

Comment

Now very confused. Took your advice and called Liverpool Victoria once more. Explained that although they had said no to Hilux insurance that I knew of someone who had been insured fora Hilux the previous week. They then checked the same details I gave to them previously and gave me a quote. It was however nearly 200 quid more expensive than anything else I had been previously quoted. Bugger...

Comment

After a lot of phoning I went with Norwich Union (£300). A-plan were only slightly more but were by far the most helpful on the phone i.e. didn't have to spend 20 mins explaining what a Surf was!
                      From reading a lot of similar threads it really does seem to depend who you get to speak to with the various companies - re widely different quotes or even no quote at all.
                      It's frustrating but you just have to keep phoning around

Comment

Working...
                      X