Engine operating tempreature

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine operating tempreature

Issue :New to me Hilux surf 2.4, Manual. Previous owner cut the thermostat so it had only the outer ring left.., Hilux ran at almost zero temp…

I did a diy reverse coolant flush, its interesting that the Pro guys that do coolant flush are only setup to do it in same direction as normal flow, my thought was a reverse flush more effective at removing gunk?

New antifreeze, new 82c thermostat. Hilux Runs at temperature guage midpoint at 75km cruising . More testing, drove hard 2,500 rpm in third up long very steep hill, 12 mins drive up hill, ecg gauge temperature went to 750c. Water temperature was the main test. I used a thermal camera before and after, pointed at the thermostat block area. Before test at idle 68c. At the top of hill 74c. So that leads to questions.. if thermostat is 82c why is it all running below 82c? Its cool enough I can keep my hand on the upper radiator pipe, max temp was 60c on upper rad pipe. My temperature gauge appears to have a bad earth or other fault as it sits at normal and then quickly drops low and back to normal as I increase rpm, stays at normal if driving on level road at 80kms".

so is my Hilux running cold?
    why Is my temperature gauge going cool to midpoint very rapidly?

thanks

Matt

Arduino is an open source electronic prototype platform that is convenient to play. Contains hardware (all models of Arduino board) and software (Arduinide). A European development team was developed in 2005 in 2005.
    Arduino can sense the environment through a wide variety of sensors, feedback by controlling lights, motors, and other devices, affecting the environment. The microcontroller on the board can be written in the programming language of Arduino, compile into binary files, and burn into the microcontroller. If you need to buy this integrated circuit, you can purchase on Jotrin, it is really a good choice. WHO Selling All Kinds of the Active Components Suppression Diode (TVs Tube)

Comment

Working...
    X