Cooking Oil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cooking Oil

has anyone looked into running their 3.0 on cooking oil? It is something we are considering . Many thanks. Dave

There are many threads on here on the topic, take your time to do a proper search of the forum. There are many success stories of running the Kz te on cooking oil.

Comment

Interested to hear your experiences if you go ahead.
      I think the law stands that if you use less than 2500 litres a year of veg oil you don't have to contact the tax people (thats about 13000 miles a year at 25 miles to the gallon) But you might want to see if the government has changed this rule.
      I was pipe dreaming about the idea of a collective of users getting together and buying straight veg oil from the field/farmer (rape seed oil). Based on average yields of rape seed oil a hectare of land could get you 2000 litres of oil a year. I'm yet to find a farmer who wants to talk about production cost however.

Comment

This thread maybe helpful https://hiluxsurf.co.uk/forum/hilux-...ur-experiences

18+ Years of Surfs, 7 years on Madcambell took over the reins of the LN130 n 10 years on me KZN 130 Spotless it wasn't but Faultless to a "T" it was, expired in March 2018...
        My other replacement KZN 130 Truck is now also faultless to a "T" :-) but SOLD... Moving up to a HDJ 80 Landcruiser ..
        Buncefield Burner

Comment

Many thanks for the responses. New to the forum so will spend some time having a good look at threads etc. Will certainly share all our experiences of looking at this. We are a community environmental group in Cardiff; Cardiff Rivers Group so very keen to make this work.

Comment

F.Y.I ...
            Don't be fooled by those that will want to sell you a Con version kit to run on SVO /WVO there's no need for it n Be aware of Dodgy Bi-fuel... if that's ya route. Happy Surfing n Good Luck

18+ Years of Surfs, 10 years on me KZN 130 Spotless it wasn't but Faultless to a "T" it was, expired in March 2018...
            My replacement KZN 130 Truck is now also faultless to a "T" :-) but now SOLD...
            Moving up to a HDJ 80 Landcruiser, running on Veg of course ....
            Buncefield Burner

Comment

Thanks to everyone that responded to my original query about running our Surf on cooking oil. We talked to a couple of experienced mechanics as well and the general consensus was to just go for it. We started off with a 50/50 mix of diesel and vegetable oil but now on 100% vegetable oil. We use Tesco’s UK rapeseed oil as cheapest we could find (was 70p litre but recently increased to £1) and we think environmentally sound. Plan is to start filtering our own used oil in coming months. Will probably go back to a 50/50 mix for the winter. No modifications at all - we just poured it in! No loss of power or performance. We do a lot of towing and is working fine. Dave

Comment

Working...
              X