Front shocks are they the same

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front shocks are they the same

hi, I'm in need of a front o/s shock absorbers, I have a 2.7 petrol import RZN185, can anyone confirm that the shocks that fit a 3.0 diesel KZN185 would fit my car, cheers

Yes they are the same and will fit. Any 3rd Gen suspension and drivetrain parts are the same for diesel and petrol.
    Also the same as the Prado/Colorado

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by tashtego View Post
      Yes they are the same and will fit. Any 3rd Gen suspension and drivetrain parts are the same for diesel and petrol.
      Also the same as the Prado/Colorado

Cheers
      Thanks for that... that's as I suspected. Reason I asked was that I took my surf to my local garage for a different reason I also asked the garage to take a look underneath as I suspected I had some suspension / rollbar issues, the garage confirmed I needed new front shocks and rear drop bars, but they said they could not get the shocks as none of their parts suppliers stocked the shock absorbers to fit my surf as my car was an import
      Last edited by Shambles; 2 March 2019, 09:46.

Comment

Just received a pair of new shock via jap 4x4 parts, are they reasonably easy to fit as I though I'd give it a try rather than pay a garage £55/£60per hour

Comment

Problem with diy is that you need the spring compressors clamp things ( I forget their proper name ) to make the strut ....

Comment

Working...
          X