How long before an account is 'live'?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long before an account is 'live'?

How long do new members have to wait before other members can actually reply to them?

There are people that posted in September and it is still impossible to reply to them.

Questions are posted all the time by newbies but nobody can answer...mhmmmmm... (confused)

Hello matey

So accounts should in theory be live immediately. Before I took over the site you had to verify your email address, jump through 1,000 hoops, etc.

The software which the website runs on (called "vBulletin") was set to be pretty locked down when I inherited the site but I've opened it up to make it a lot more accessible.

I've just been through the settings to open it up more to make it more accessible for replying to stuff. Hopefully that should sort it.

Would you mind trying to reply to something for me and see if you have any issues? If you do, please let me know what issues you get.

Thanks
    Rob
    Thanks
    Rob Watson (forum owner and admin)

Comment

tashtego - I've just created this test account, and adjusted the settings to make sure I can reply from a normal account

I'll create a post in the new users topic. See if you can reply to it

Comment

test123

Comment

Working...
        X