Harsh suspension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harsh suspension

My trucks got 2" Monroe sus lift, 2"body lift and 33x12.5x15 tyres and I've noticed recently that driving over any kind of pot hole in the road feels really bloody harsh.
    I don't drive the surf too much at the minute as I have a work van and the difference between the 2 is crazy. Now I know my van

Hi, over the years I have read bad reviews on here on the Monroe shocks. You are not the first to report harsh ride. You could try different brands of shocks and see, maybe someone who has fitted the pedders kit will be around.
    In my opinion, unless you need the clearence for specific trails, you are better

Comment

Cheers, I have though about going back standard but itll probabky work out cheaper for me to just swap out the shocks. Plus it's easier to just do that haha

Comment

I have got Pedders 2 inch Suspension kit on both my 3rd Gen Surf and my Land Cruiser and have had no trouble with them at all that includes 3 trips to Morocco in the Land Cruiser

Comment

I had my standard shocks replaced by Pedders all round, at the same time as changing my tyres up a size. I immediately noticed a harsh ride too, and after swapping and changing various things it came down to my 23-year-old torsion bars having given up. When they lose their torsion they just become a bar.

Comment

Thanks for that Owen I'll have a look at my torsion bars then to see if they need doing aswell while I'm changing shocks

Comment

my gen 3 had a harsh ride and it turned out that the springs were shagged so the torsion bar theory sounds right to me too!
              Old enough to know better but then again.....

Comment

Working...
              X