Heating problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heating problem

The heater in the rear of the truck works but the heater in the front won't come on at all. How can I get it working as the cold weather is close
    .thanks in advance

Have you checked the fuses? I'm not sure where the heater fuse is but it'll either be in the engine bay or behind the drivers kick panel.
    It might be an easy fix with the fuses but if not use the search function on here or Google it and you may get some more answers.
    hope you get it sorted dude it's

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Fuse? What fuse? Check heater tap is opening. If not maybe cable broken or kinked. Next check operation of vents. again may be cable or electrical.

Nev.

Comment

Thanks

Comment

is the fan working or the fan just blowing cold ?

Comment

The fan runs the whole time. But have found the problem there's leaves and sticks in the heater fan which is stopping it from spinning. When I give it a a few kicks it starts but makes noises of stuff blocking it.

Comment

I had a family of mice nesting in there , they had to be evicted . By keeping the switch set on recyrculating cabin air , instead of outside air intake, I have stopped them from entering again.

Comment

Hi I've cleaned the fan and also found there was a bit of movement in the fan axel so solved the movement with metal putty and now no movement at all.

Comment

Hi I've cleaned the fan and also found there was a bit of movement in the fan axel so solved the movement with metal putty and now no movement at all.

Comment

Well thats clarified everything, (not). Are you saying the fan doesnt move at all? As in not going round and round, or are you talking about some kind of shaft axial movement that the magic putty has fixed, and fan is now spinning freely and pushing hot air around ?
                      Сви можемо

Comment

The heater fan has an axel where the bushes are because the fan has dropped slightly because of wear and tear the fan would not engage and by putting the metal putty around the back end of the shaft it has kept it in place so now the fan works.

Comment

Imagine me smiling Alex (as there's no smileys) well Daniel is it all working as it should?, you said the fan runs all the time? that'd probably mean the switch on the heater unit in the dash is ferked, (I am assuming you have a Gen 2, 2.4 by the way) I used to do led mods on these and several I did for
                          Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Imagine me smiling Alex (as there's no smileys) well Daniel is it all working as it should?, you said the fan runs all the time? that'd probably mean the switch on the heater unit in the dash is ferked, (I am assuming you have a Gen 2, 2.4 by the way) I used to do led mods on these and several I did for
                            Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

My truck is a gen 2 3.0td SSRX limited the fan is direct drive off the engine

Comment

Working...
                              X