Engine Pre-Heaters and extreme cold running

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine Pre-Heaters and extreme cold running

I'm planning to take my gen3 kzn185 up to Nordkapp at the end of Feb. I'm looking at fitting an engine pre-heater to help with those potential -20 cold starts. Does anyone have any experience or advice ?

I believe the Defa 411715 is the one for the 1KZ-TE with
    mounting kit - 460324
    Interconnection kit - 460762
    Power Cable Kit - 460785

Or can anyone recommend any alternatives ?

Does anyone have any experience and advice for running their surf in arctic conditions?

Thanks

J

I have no experience of it but it sounds a great adventure, please take some pics for the Overland/Expedition section of the forum!

If your kzn185 is the 'winter pack', the one with two batteries, it also has a fuel heater already fitted if I am not mistaken.

Cheers

Comment

• JasonNorris666
      JasonNorris666 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, yes I do have the winter pack so that is a bonus. I'll be sure to post pics and let let everyone know how it goes.

Yes, i have a pre heater, operated by text. Whereabouts are you? you could come and have a look at my set up. I preheat the engine which switches on the fan inside and warms the inside up to. I also have a heated fuel line and have made my fuel tank heated as well, so when i start in the morning my fuel, engine are at 60 degrees, and the inside is toasty. webasto is the best way to go, has to be thermo top C...

my kzn130 does not have a heater element on the fuel filter like the landcruisers do, however i think the wiring is there in the loom for it if i am not mistaken,

I run the webasto on kersosene as the reason i heat everything up is i run 100% UCO

Comment

• JasonNorris666
      JasonNorris666 commented
      Editing a comment
      Great, thanks I'll check out Webasto
Working...
X