Split pipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Split pipe

Have just found a 2" split in the corrigated flexi pipe that runs between the air filter and the plastic section that runs across the rocker cover to the turbo.
    Can I get a similar multi fit part from Halfords or do I need to go to Toyota or Milners. Also would this have affected the engine/turbo performance?

Its a 2.4 LN130 1990 ssr Ltd.

Any thoughts appreciated.

Originally posted by Foxhill
    Have just found a 2" split in the corrigated flexi pipe that runs between the air filter and the plastic section that runs across the rocker cover to the turbo.
    Can I get a similar multi fit part from Halfords or do I need to go to Toyota or Milners. Also would this have affected the engine/turbo performance?

Its a 2.4 LN130 1990 ssr Ltd.

Any thoughts appreciated.
    I believe Milners do one as I am sure Jotto used one on Mrs Jottos No1 Surf . I think we removed it and used it as a snorkel adaptor on Jottos Surf . Similar finish but not as supple as original Toyota , but does the job . Cost about £15 if I remember . Jon will correct me if wrong . Will run better with it replaced .
    Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Yes milners do sell the corrogated pipe
      (\__/)
      (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
      (")_(")

Comment

Similar type or not?

Originally posted by marky
        Yes milners do sell the corrogated pipe
        Does it have to be same corrogated type or can I use an aftermarket straight shape pipe of the same bore?

Comment

Does it have to be same corrogated type or can I use an aftermarket straight shape pipe of the same bore?
          you have to try it an let us all know for research purps

Comment

The rubber hose will need to be a convoluted type, like the Toyota one, because the air filter is fixed to the engine bay, and the engine moves.
            A straight tube will eventually split or break at the clamps.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
              The rubber hose will need to be a convoluted type, like the Toyota one, because the air filter is fixed to the engine bay, and the engine moves.
              A straight tube will eventually split or break at the clamps.
              Thanks for the feedback. I did'nt get any joy at Halfords etc. so I think I will ring Milners. One thing I've noticed since wrapping gaffa tape around split is that the engine sounds different and I can feel more turbo boost and the turbo whistles more at lower revs. I hope it's not my imagination so looking forward to getting a replacement pipe for better performance.
              Maybe I should keep the gaffer tape and save 20ish quid, but it looks crap.

Cheers, Neil

Comment

Working...
              X