Help Me Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Me Please

Hi some of you may remember me i came on a while back and asked about buying a surf.....well the one i wanted was sold when i went back to see it again . How ever i have decided that i am going to go get one. Ideally what i would like is the three door model, but they seem to only come with the i'll fated 2.4 engine. so i guess my first question is are they reall that bad?? if they are is it possible to drop the 3.0l into a 3 door? Well thats two questions asked the next is really a cosmetic one. Where is a good place to buy a body lift kit from and how high do they go???
    Thanks in anticipation of any help!
    Also does anyone have a 3 door they want to sell me??
    Cheers Andy C
    [CENTER]It's better to be hated for what you are, than loved for what you're not![/CENTER]

Originally posted by AndyC
    Hi some of you may remember me i came on a while back and asked about buying a surf.....well the one i wanted was sold when i went back to see it again . How ever i have decided that i am going to go get one. Ideally what i would like is the three door model, but they seem to only come with the i'll fated 2.4 engine. so i guess my first question is are they reall that bad?? if they are is it possible to drop the 3.0l into a 3 door? Well thats two questions asked the next is really a cosmetic one. Where is a good place to buy a body lift kit from and how high do they go???
    Thanks in anticipation of any help!
    Also does anyone have a 3 door they want to sell me??
    Cheers Andy C
    For what its worth buy a 3.0 its a lot cheaper than doing an engine transplant, As you will need more than the engine £££££££££££
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by marky
      For what its worth buy a 3.0 its a lot cheaper than doing an engine transplant, As you will need more than the engine £££££££££££

do they do a 3.0l version of the three door??
      [CENTER]It's better to be hated for what you are, than loved for what you're not![/CENTER]

Comment

do they do a 3.0l version of the three door??
        Not seen one.
        (\__/)
        (")_(")

Comment

Not seen one.
          so i'm left with either chancing my arm on a 2.4l or transplanting a 3.0l in to it. What about the body lifting?

Comment

All seem to be 2.4 like you said This one is BENS he went to Majorca but the head went in France, Dont know if he ever got it sorted.
            Attached Files
            (\__/)
            (")_(")

Comment

so i'm left with either chancing my arm on a 2.4l or transplanting a 3.0l in to it. What about the body lifting?
              BODY LIFT aint a problem lots of threads on the subject.
              The 3.0 transplant reqs ECU LOOM & lots of other bits
              (\__/)
              (")_(")

Comment

All seem to be 2.4 like you said This one is BENS he went to Majorca but the head went in France, Dont know if he ever got it sorted.
                yup that seems to be what i want! are the 2.4 as bad as people say??

Comment

BODY LIFT aint a problem lots of threads on the subject.
                  The 3.0 transplant reqs ECU LOOM & lots of other bits
                  are we talking expensive or hideously expensive??

Comment

yup that seems to be what i want! are the 2.4 as bad as people say??
                    A poll revealed that 80% of 2.4 engines had been ok, Theres no quick way of telling if the head has been replaced as the old heads had a design fault on the internal waterways. These waterways were to close to the surface of the head between the valves.
                    You could buy 2 surfs & swap the bodies over.
                    (\__/)
                    (")_(")

Comment

A poll revealed that 80% of 2.4 engines had been ok, Theres no quick way of telling if the head has been replaced as the old heads had a design fault on the internal waterways. These waterways were to close to the surface of the head between the valves.
                      are you saying that if i buy a 3.0 5dr and a 2.4 3dr i can "just" swap the bodies???

Comment

if only there was someone on here doing that.......
                        it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt
                          if only there was someone on here doing that.......
                          so was that subtlety if it was i think it went over my head!! Is it a possibility??

Comment

Yes it can be done HILUX BOB has done it a couple of times.
                            (\__/)
                            (")_(")

Comment

Yes it can be done HILUX BOB has done it a couple of times.
                              engine swap would be easier than body swap.
                              nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Working...
                              X