Daily mail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daily mail

Did anyone read the Mail in the week? columnist Stephen Glover was slagging 4x4s.I logged on to the Daily Mail chat boards and posted this;

Not to everyone's taste but luckily in the U.K. we still have freedom of choice.
    My gripe is with columnist Stephen Glover who has seemingly missed the point by a country mile.I'll assume you have read the story so i'll just highlight the points that have driven me to post on this board.
    Mr Glover is concerned that he will not survive a collision between his Renault Clio and a large 4x4.
    Mr Glover, The number of vehicles with a kerb weight above two tons currently on our roads must count for 20% of road traffic,hit any one of these in your Clio,and,depending on approach speed (your's included)you will get hurt.It's doubtful your Clio would survive a collision with a shopping trolly,but that's my opinion re Renaults.
    Mr Glover, then, and this beggars belief,mentions that he also owns an estate car. Why Mr Glover,thats's the answer,we all sell our 4x4s buy two cars wih money and clog up every road in the country, not to mention the added pollution caused by the manufacture of that extra car.
    Very sensible Mr Glover, with you on the side of the tree huggers,we 4x4 owners have nothing to fear.Thank you.

Just for a laugh you understand.You should read some of the replies.

He's concerned that he won't survive a collision in his Renault Clio and a large 4x4???
    Well he's got nothing to worry about as long as he keeps to his side of the road!!!!

Comment

Well that's me screwed then cause i have a Surf, Calibra 4x4 and a RS Cos. And there's only me who can drive in the Family !!!
      !!! I'M THE ONE YOUR MOTHER WARNED YOU ABOUT !!!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
        He's concerned that he won't survive a collision in his Renault Clio and a large 4x4???
        Well he's got nothing to worry about as long as he keeps to his side of the road!!!!
        I'm concerned that I would'nt survive a collison between my motorcycle and his Renault Clio - so taking his argument 1 step further - they should ban all Renault Clio's
        Nil Illigitimi Carborundum

Comment

Originally posted by Silversurfer
          I'm concerned that I would'nt survive a collison between my motorcycle and his Renault Clio - so taking his argument 1 step further - they should ban all Renault Clio's
          I'm concerned your motorbike might make a mess of me & my push bike.....

Nevillef
          Last edited by laser_jock99; 27 March 2005, 20:37.

Comment

Originally posted by laser_jock99
            I'm concerned your motorbike might make a mess of me & push bike.....

Nevillef
            My wife backed her car into the garden gate last week - I want to ban all garden gates

Comment

i was walking through the park today and a twig fell on me. curse those trees, curse them!!!!
              it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

a fool in a puto (nicecest she has been called recently) ran into the back of my surf the other week (had only had it a few days ) and imo the punto came off better it just pushed her back light in and dinted the bonnet a bit... but it went straight through the side part of the bumper... spent the last week filling and sanding it... so mabee we should ban puntos? or mabee just woman drivers that cant see a huge 2 ton 4x4?

Comment

Originally posted by Ste00
                  a fool in a puto (nicecest she has been called recently) ran into the back of my surf the other week (had only had it a few days ) and imo the punto came off better it just pushed her back light in and dinted the bonnet a bit... but it went straight through the side part of the bumper... spent the last week filling and sanding it... so mabee we should ban puntos? or mabee just woman drivers that cant see a huge 2 ton 4x4?
                  Any driver that cannot see a surf deserves to be banned, but no doubt the nanny state will dictate that we repaint the surfs dayglo orange or yellow

Next weeks "you MUST have" will no doubt be inflatable bull bars , they were going to insist that we run the cars on electric motors but then wondered if we would be sneaking up on em

Trev
                  Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Originally posted by UDTrev
                    Any driver that cannot see a surf deserves to be banned, but no doubt the nanny state will dictate that we repaint the surfs dayglo orange or yellow

Trev
                    Nah - us bikers have tried dayglo and we still get hit !

Comment

Nah - us bikers have tried dayglo and we still get hit !
                      But how many of you are as big as a surf ?????

Let me guess, those who stayed in the cafe ???

Trev

Comment

Originally posted by UDTrev
                        But how many of you are as big as a surf ?????

Let me guess, those who stayed in the cafe ???

Trev
                        Someone has to eat all the pies

Comment

why don't they just ban all other vehicles and everyone just be made to own a SURF then the problem is solved
                          https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Someone has to eat all the pies
                            [looks down at his tum and wonders how many pies are left

Trev

Comment

Working...
                            X