Going home (long weekend)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going home (long weekend)

Hi peeps, just thoght ide let you know on my way up to liverpool thursday from suffolk, hope the surf holds out. Anyone been on long distances and how did your surf get on.

Cheers

Mark

Manchester to St Ives 2.4 no problems 360 Miles none stop.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

southampton to scunthorpe all the time
      2.4 Ltr no probs
      Enjoying Life after Cancer
      Pops

Comment

Jotto , Rusty and John Gee did the Mac challenge with no probs . 700 miles in 2 days in Jottos.
        Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Go for it

Last week did two 400 mile round trips South Scotland to North Scotland. First long journey Ive had it on ( 1990 2.4 ) Having studied the forum for some time fully expected the head to go, but guess what, it didnt, coolant levels same now as before I started. A very pleasurable incident free drive both times.

Bogus
          Сви можемо

Comment

ive never checked my coolant and my mechanic has only serviced it once.
            i do up to 1000miles a week sometimes !! all good so far
            Tim
            Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

this w/end going from london to shropshire to llandudno to glenuig to kyle of lochalsh to skye to uist and back, after tendays away. whahay.

Comment

Drove to Normandy france and back no prob

Comment

Bought mine from London a few weeks ago, lovely drive back to the South West
                  [COLOR=Red][FONT=Century Gothic]the unexamined life is not worth living...[/FONT][/COLOR]

Comment

Long Distance

Last August,prior to my head cracking (or had it already gone ?) I travelled 800 miles over two days, at a reasonbly high speed with no problems. Then three weeks later had the first signs of trouble.....overheating etc etc. When stevo stripped the engine down, I had some pretty serious corrosion between 2-3 (I think) which resulted in a full rebuild. From what Steve said, my engine had been in trouble for a while so it was not likely to have been caused by the trip, that being the case it just proves how strong these engines are !!!!! Hope you have a nice trip.

Comment

I live down in Southampton and regularly holiday in North Yorkshire, and the top of Scotland (North Yorkshire 300miles, Scotland 600). Only once did I have to use the AA, and that was because the rear UJ went, nice blokes brought me all the way home on 4 different low loaders. She is one of the most relaxing long distance cars I've owned, and I find myself driving at a much more reasonable speed cause I'm nolonger hurrying to get out of the vehicle (but then the last car was a van that I had to fold myself up to get in, and if I was in the passenger seat my knees rested on the dash and I'm only 5' 8").

Basically go for it, sit back and enjoy the ride, try not to nod off though.
                      Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

Originally posted by scouzzer1964
                        Hi peeps, just thoght ide let you know on my way up to liverpool thursday from suffolk, hope the surf holds out. Anyone been on long distances and how did your surf get on.

Cheers

Mark
                        Can you make sure you slam the gate shut on your way up

We dont want them foreign types coming down south nickin all the work!!!!!!!!
                        Im not a gynacologist but ill have a look

Comment

Originally posted by bobo
                          Drove to Normandy france and back no prob
                          How did the Surf cope with crossing the channel, and just how good a snorkel have you got.
                          Paul </Slugsie>
                          Immortal.so far!

Comment

Just checking my water level and oil, my bags our packed and am ready to go.
                            Thanks for the info peeps. Anyone see me on the way up give me a beep.
                            So long.

Comment

Done loads of long trips

Last long trip was in February, Bristol to Poole, Cherbourg to Chateaubriant, Chateaubriant to Nantes, Nantes to Chateaubriant, Chateaubriant to Nantes again (because we couldn't find the Atlantis shopping centre the first time!!),Nantes to Southern Brittany up the coast road, Southern Brittany to Northern Brittany, Northern Brittany to Rennes, Rennes to Cherbourg (up the coast road) and Poole to Bristol. Only went for 4 days and there was heavy snow a lot of the time. We didn't drive anywhere at all for two of those days! About 1600 kms all in. Cruising at anything between 60-100mph.

My girlfriend drives a Ford Ka, and had never driven abroad before in her life. I let her take the wheel and promptly fell asleep!! I woke up thinking that I had been out for ten minutes, apparently I had been asleep for the best part of an hour and she had driven through towns and villages with no problem at all. She loves the truck, I love the truck, and I would never be happy with anything else!

It eats hills, will stay with anything on the road at sane speeds, it is comfortable, and above all it is as safe as houses to travel in.

I lurve Surfs!!

Rob G
                              Last edited by wibblywobbly; 23 March 2005, 18:28.

Comment

Working...
                              X