No announcement yet.

3.0 Litre 3rd Gen buying query.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice one want surf. Ta for the useful info. Where did you get yours from in the highlands?

Comment

Originally posted by Zak
      Ta, whats a BIMTA check? I'm guessing it is an officiaL confirmation that the mileage is as stated?
      Read all about it here. http://www.bimta.org/MileageChecks.asp

Comment

Originally posted by Zak
        Nice one want surf. Ta for the useful info. Where did you get yours from in the highlands?

i had trouble finding a deacent one in scotland that wasnt too high in price and was in good nick so i ended up getting mine as a private sale from a fellow member of this site. the only dealer i know of up here is morrello cars in Beauly just outside Inverness but personally i wouldnt go near him as he lied to me about surfs bumped his prices up then was basically rude and didnt seem to want my cash so i took it elsewhere. My advice is to buy privatly on here or search scot adds and take someone with you who knows a bit bout surfs. Dealers know Sh!t about the cars and their prices are waaaaaay too high plus i found i that a lot of importers are stopping importing the older surfs so this may effect uk prices.

Comment

Originally posted by Zak

Zak

When I was looking around came across a firm called Mackay Trading in Edinburgh. Had a reasonable collection of Surfs and they only do imports. They also will service cars they sell.

I didn't go with them, found they were bit expensive and I also wanted a 1998/1999 model. They hadn't got anything that new.

Worth checking them out, here is their website info: http://www.mackaytrading.com

Have fun looking!

Warwick
          Live for Today

Comment

Originally posted by Cumbrian
            Zak

When I was looking around came across a firm called Mackay Trading in Edinburgh. Had a reasonable collection of Surfs and they only do imports. They also will service cars they sell.

I didn't go with them, found they were bit expensive and I also wanted a 1998/1999 model. They hadn't got anything that new.

Worth checking them out, here is their website info: http://www.mackaytrading.com

Have fun looking!

Warwick
            Hey Guys ,1st post on here
            I to am from Scotland, Livingston to be exact... I to will be looking for a Surf soon ,currently have a Nissan Mistral 2.7td auto(import).Always fancied a Surf but need 7 seats so we (well her ) to be exact wanted the Mistral, her thats in it mostly so who am i too argue??Fancy a Surf for myself to stoat aboot in.
            Reason for posting on this thread is to say Mckay trading are indeed a bit dear but all the cars are grade 4 imports minimum ,the main man is a bit of a knob especially if you are trading something in Don't pay what he's asking he will haggle, i got just about a grand off an Impreza years ago .

Comment

Originally posted by Zak
              Thanks Guys, appreciate the quick responses. I am looking around and hope to purchase in the next month or so. Can't wait...
              How much were you thinking of spending?I have a 3rd Gen (manual transmission)I would sell[reluctantly] if the price was right.
              Last edited by RobD; 28 March 2005, 20:01.