Sony WX-C570 question, help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sony WX-C570 question, help please

Got into the surf this morning and the aforementioned stereo has no display, the radio and cassette work (still with no display) but not the cd player, I know there's a disc in there but it wont eject or play I know it was working Friday when I parked up and nobody had used it until I got in this morning.
    Anyone on here got any ideas or has this happened to anybody else? Is there a fix?

Try disconnecting the batteries for a few seconds, always worth a try to completely reset the unit.
    Laugh!!! I nearly bought my own beer.

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by paulh
      Try disconnecting the batteries for a few seconds, always worth a try to completely reset the unit.
      Just tried that one, still nothing Thanks for the suggestion anyway

Comment

Originally posted by dazzo23
        Just tried that one, still nothing Thanks for the suggestion anyway
        If the front is a removeable one, try pushing it gently to see if it lights up (like mine does!) If so, the electrical connectors you can see when the face is down/off may need a little clean. A little surgical spirit on the end of a cotton bud and 'gently' wiped should help.
        Greybeard
        Life is not a rehearsal!

Comment

I have a C570 and the face isn't removable. There is a reset function that I'll see if I can find in the manual. Sounds knackered though to me.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by lucky
            I have a C570 and the face isn't removable. There is a reset function that I'll see if I can find in the manual. Sounds knackered though to me.

Cheers
            Looks that way doesn't it, just pondering whether it's an econmic repair or a bin job
            Thanks for the help

<EDIT>

Lucky, you is THE man, found the reset button just above the volume control and "bingo", all working again.
            Thanks mate, you've saved my life and the long suffering Mrs Dazzo some money
            Last edited by dazzo23; 21 March 2005, 21:28.

Comment

Working...
            X